An update from our CEO, Eric Dunn

1234568»

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ZerMunde  Yes, I understand that this feature can be useful and that it doesn't exist currently. I was trying to say that if they do add it -- as we both hope they will -- it will apply to current users moving forward, but I don't think they'll go back to change the Quicken 2007 import function to import this information. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ZerMunde
    ZerMunde Member ✭✭
    @jacobs I hope they do add it to the import function for all prior versions migrating to QM2020. There may be a significant number of users holding off upgrading for this very reason.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ZerMunde That's certainly possible. They have stats about how many people are still running Quicken 2007, so it may depend on how large/small that number is, but it might also depend on the complexity of modifying the converter -- which is a stripped down version of Quicken 2007 itself -- to extract that information and then build it into Quicken 2020. There aren't many people on the Quicken development team today who have intimate knowledge of some of the inner workings of the 13 year-old code. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ZerMunde
    ZerMunde Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Time will tell but it's not merely QM2007 users – this applies to all users migrating from a previous version of Quicken.
  • rba
    rba Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the update. I have the Home, Business & Rental Property edition. I am self-employed, and only use a fraction of the features. I've used Quicken for a number of years, but used to use Quickbooks. Quickbooks had a feature where you could make a customer inactive. This would be so useful because of customer turnover. Thank you for your consideration.
  • joanpech
    joanpech Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Please Eric implement the boughtX and sellX transaction in Quicken Mac and make sure that a Quicken Windows data file get converted correctly to Quicken Mac. Way, way overdue!!!! If it is too hard to implement those, then make sure that the Mac program loading the Windows data can sequence each boughtX/sellX transaction correctly. Today it works only if the target account is a bank account. It does not work if it is a brokerage account. (Removed-Rant)

Here is an example of a screw-up dated 09/08/95 for a brokerage account and one done correctly for a bank account dates 09/07/95
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TXxc0BUbFUkGU0InIpd6mjLuu3nJpaFP?usp=sharing
    Note that at the time (1995) all the transactions into Fid Cash&Spartn were entered by hand, as no automated load existed.

As you are aware, Quicken Windows' dna is based on DOS. It has quite a lot of functionality and I use a virtual machine, VMware, to run Quicken Windows on the Mac. I had to add much memory to the Mac to get OK performance. This is the only program on my Mac that needs VMware! I am a very long time user, and I, like most people in the San Francisco Bay Area who are not lawyers, have switch to MacOS many years ago. If a competitor came out with a Mac version capable of processing correctly the Quicken Windows data file, I would abandon immediately Quicken for that competitor. I believe I would not be alone.
  • shredmund
    shredmund Member ✭✭
    I have 2 suggestions: (1) Please, please... (for Mac version) bring back the "QuickMath" function / feature that Quicken has always had, prior to the new structuring of the company a few years back (QuickMath provided the ability to calculate the sales tax- on the fly). And (2) Despite multiple attempts to get this issue resolved through your support department—provide more clarity on the Mobile Apps when the error message "1 of your accounts needs attention". That's all it says—it does not say which account, and when I peruse to each of my accounts on the mobile app, there is no way to ascertain which one it is. This has been quite frustrating for me. Thanks.
  • Rich Riker
    Rich Riker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    so, after a long time with the same set of data, categories and info, I have a problem which could only be solved by starting from scratch, which I did 1/1/19. I found the ability to start fresh and have a clean set of categories quite enjoyable. However, Q Premier 2020 (v 5.13.3) has become a problem. Repeatable transactions no loner go to the proper categories and I have to spend a lot more time cleaning them up. Sometimes transactions "disappear" and when I go to reconcile, it causes problems. The reports function is quirky and not intuitive and I am not enjoying the budgeting functionality is not user friendly. I do not enjoy the UI/UX. I am working on my 2020 budget and am tempted to export to Excel. I am reluctant to enter portfolio data though I would love to see everything in one location and I can't believe I have to manually enter my Jet Blue credit card (services by Barclays) manually. There is a lot of great suggestions here in general, as well as a lot of problems highlighted. I would love to see what is next and hear from management and your Dev team on what is being prioritized. This is going to sound weird, but I would pay more for a program that is of better quality and fits todays financially enabled world.

I may road test some other products,(removed)
  • ghendric
    ghendric Member ✭✭
    I'm really disappointed that Billminder has been removed from Quicken. I've been using Quicken probably over 10 yrs and have come to depend on Billminder to keep up to date on bills being due. I don't want to have to open Quicken just to see whats due. I'm not sure what the reason is for removing it. It's why I was using Quicken in the first place. Can that please be added back or give an option to have it or not?
This discussion has been closed.