Issues with installing home/business bought from amazon

ekstra
ekstra Member
I bought a copy on amazon

Quicken Home & Business Personal Finance - 14-Month Subscription [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Online code]
Quicken Home & Business Personal Finance - 14-Month Subscription [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Online code]

Platform: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
How to redeem this item
Activation Code:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Print   
     [Removed the Activation code - this is a public forum]
Purchased on December 02, 2019 View order details

When i finish install it goes to just personal not business I bought it because i need business version

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you mean it just goes to Personal?  The Business part is not separate.  It's all in the same program.  Quicken is for Personal finances that include self employment or sole proprietor, independent contractor etc.  Not for a separate Business entity like a Corp or Partnership or S corp.  But if you file a Schedule C in your personal tax return.

One thing I like to tell business people when starting out is...
    For an income or expense category to show up under Business you have to assign it a Schedule C tax line number. Go into Edit Category and assign it one.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is shown at Help->About Quicken ?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ekstra ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Home, Business and Rental Property, is combined into a Single product.

See this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Product Activation is not required, once activated, the first time.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• ekstra
    ekstra Member
    What it says is that i am currently using quicken starter addition. Your data file was last used in quicken home & business. This is why I am questioning this
  • thecreator
    ekstra said:
    What it says is that i am currently using quicken starter addition. Your data file was last used in quicken home & business. This is why I am questioning this
    Hi @ekstra ,

Go to https://www.quicken.com/
    Click Sign In then My Account. Enter your User ID and password, on the next page.
    Make sure you have a Download Quicken section.

Download the Quicken for Windows product.

Then perform the link above. You can't reuse the Product downloaded from Amazon. It is a One-time use, Installer.

Upon performing the link above procedure and the Title Bar and About Quicken, states Starter, go to your Amazon Order History and check your Quicken Order, to make sure what you purchased, that it was Home and Business and not Starter.

In other words, have proof, one way or another, before contacting Amazon to complain about the Activation Key, being for Starter and not Home and Business.

• ekstra
    ekstra Member
    Thank you all! I am up and running
  • thecreator
    Hi @ekstra ,

What was the solution?

• ekstra
    ekstra Member
    After trying many different things, I think it was from quicken itself. I went to help and pull-down menu enter activation code.
This discussion has been closed.