If I upgrade from QMac 2017, can I still use Quicken Mac offline?

KarenBout
KarenBout Member
I've used Quicken for years but 2017 is apparently no longer supported. I retired from over 40 years in IT and do not want to connect Quicken to my bank accounts. Can I still use the upgrade version offline or must I switch to a different App?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Best Answers

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can still use QM2020+ subscription without connecting your accounts online. You do have to connect online periodically just so Quicken can validate the subscription.

As Greg mentions, you can continue to use QM17 but will have to deal with reminders to renew.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe QM17 has reminders since it's not the subscription version.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    RickO said:
    You can still use QM2020+ subscription without connecting your accounts online. You do have to connect online periodically just so Quicken can validate the subscription.

As Greg mentions, you can continue to use QM17 but will have to deal with reminders to renew.
    I don't believe QM17 has reminders since it's not the subscription version.
    [removed - disruptive] 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Once the service period for QM2017 expires, you will get popup reminders like these from QM2016 on launch:

If you try to connect online, you will get this:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not using any Online Services, why do you want to upgrade to Quicken Subscription. When your subscription expires, you'll have to deal with a banner and sidebar reminding you to renew your subscription.

And if you do not like this new business decision, you can add your VOTE to Quicken Inc should eliminate or at least minimize the LARGE Advertising space used when a subscription expires.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.