How do I edit the expense portion of a new budget

When creating a new budget for 2020 the expense portion of the budget is not displayed and cannot be budgeted. Only the income portion is available to be modified from previous year.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• spreeter
    spreeter Member ✭✭
    I can only see and change my income and detailed loan categories in the annual view. However when I run the income reports the expense accounts are there. How can I see and edit the expense categories.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hello @spreeter

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if this helps to solve your issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

(Edited to update link)
    ~~~***~~~
  • Poirot
    Poirot Member ✭✭
    Tyka, Your suggestion was totally useless .. it only sent me to an option of purchasing Quicken.
    I have the same issue .. I see all my income account when viewing the annual budget but no expenses. I've seen a comment about "editing" the budget, but I don't see any options to do that.
  • Hello @curmudgeon1934,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

If you have not already done so, please take a look at the information and steps outlined here for more details on creating and working with a budget in Quicken.

Let us know if this helps resolve this matter for you!

-Quicken Natalie

• I am running Quicken 2020 R23.18 Build 27.1.23.18 in Win 10. When trying to create a new budget only the Income portion of the budget is displayed where I can modify the income portion of the budget and spread it out accordingly. The expense portion of the budget is not displayed and therefore cannot be modified. In all the years that I have been using Quicken I have never had this issue. What am I missing?
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I think it's about your report's configuration.
    In your report, press ALT+C. Click on "advanced tab" In the transactions, look at your "transaction type" you should choose "All transactions".
     Have a look also under the same window at "Categories": "Budgeted only", "Include all"...
    Check also in "Categories" tab if all of your expenses categories are selected.
    Maybe you will have your answer there.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hello @curmudgeon1934

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow up response.

If you are still needing assistance with this category missing information from the budget in Quicken and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I am still looking for an answer as to why the expense portion of the budget is not shown or available for modification in the budgeting process. The previous year's actuals are not always reflective of the current year's expected expenses.
  • UKR
    I had missed Sherlock"s suggestion. I have now validated the data and the operation scrubbed some 1997 data. Now all is well and I can see the entire budget to modify it.
    Thanks,
    curmudgeon1934
  • cariley
    cariley Member ✭✭
    I've created a 2020 budget and clicked on relevant categories. When I try to enter the budget amounts, "personal expense" categories are missing on the page. Why can't I enter budget numbers into all categories I have checked off?
This discussion has been closed.