Annual rate of return in Quicken Mac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited August 2021 in Investing (Mac)
Can the annual rate of return for investment accounts be added to Quicken for Mac? It would be great to have YTD, 1Y, 3Y and lifetime on the portfolio page right above the plot of value.
Tagged:

Comments

• Michael33@
    Michael33@ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Great idea. That would be a very useful decision tool.
  • Steve29
    Steve29 Member ✭✭✭
    It's called IRR, no? Already present for 1 year, 3 year, 5 year.
  • andrew
    andrew Member ✭✭
    When I look for IRR (or anything like it) in the available columns for an investment portfolio, I cannot see any such column. Where is it?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @andrew In the investment portfolio, pull down the first filter to change from Portfolio Value to Performance.

In  the performance view, IRR is available for YTD, 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.

If these columns aren't visible, click on the columns icon; in the pop-up box, double-click on any or all of these headings in the left side to move them to the right side…

Click Save and your portfolio view will show the columns you selected.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • andrew
    andrew Member ✭✭
    I see. That works. Thank you.

(By the way, although the email I received with your advice said I can just reply to the email, it actually goes to a "no-reply" address, which bounces.)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don’t see anywhere in the forum emails that it says you can reply directly; as you have discovered, the emails from this forum provide a link to the post on this website, and that is the only place you can reply. In any case, I’m happy to have helped answer your question!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    I don’t see anywhere in the forum emails that it says you can reply directly; as you have discovered, the emails from this forum provide a link to the post on this website, and that is the only place you can reply. In any case, I’m happy to have helped answer your question!

EXCEPT on some email notifications the Check it Out button is hidden. You have to click a "twisty" "Show original message" to reveal it (or you can highlight then right-click the link shown and select Open in Tab/Window)... so button is easy to miss and link is a bit of a pain to use. Definitely not user friendly.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.