Backups

This may not be the correct category but I needed to chose something get started.
Planning on updating Quicken Deluxe 2010 to 2017 version.
Would like not to copy 2010 files into 2017 but start fresh by manually adding current accounts. Some of the 2010 account information may go back several years. I don’t see any reason to keep carrying this information.
If necessary, to go back to any of the 2010 accounts would there be any way to do it?
Some of these backups go back years, is necessary to keep all of these backups or only the latest?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would need to open all your Quicken data files in 2017 so they are converted to that version. Most SuperUsers recommend keeping all years of financial records in one data file.

Quicken 2017 Online Services and Support expire on 4/30/20. Did you already have 2017 or were you planning on trying to purchase it?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sam35 ,

I recommend that you install Quicken 2017 and convert your Data File to Quicken 2017 format.
    Then do a Manual Backup of your converted file and keep for reference off of the Main Computer' Hard Drive.

Then simply go File > New Quicken File > Click OK.
    Select the location for your New Quicken and give it a meaningful name, so you can find it easily, like Sam 2020 as an example.

Quicken 2016, 2017 and Quicken Subscription Products, all use the same Data Format. No Data File conversion is necessary.

Before you post again, be sure to read: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each backup is a complete copy of the data file, so you only need to keep the last one, but I would keep several just in case there is something wrong with that one.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sam35
    Sam35 Member ✭✭
    My questions have been answered.
    I want to thank all who responded with answers.
    Sam35
This discussion has been closed.