Alerts for going over Budget amount (3 Legacy Votes)

bobsully
bobsully Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Budget and Planning Tools
It would be helpful to have the ability to setup alerts when you exceed a budget category.  
Tagged:
9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Have you looked through the alerts in Tools | Alerts?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I did.  The thing provided there is a separate Banking\Monthly Expenses tool, but that is not integrated with the Budget settings.  You would have to transpose all the fields from the Budget to this tool as far as I can determine.  I am looking and suggesting something that is activated when a Budget category is exceeded.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Available with Quicken Subscription:
    If you sync your Quicken data file to Mobile / Web, you can enable email alerts to be sent to you.
    According to Quicken Help, one of the alert categories is "Over budget".
    Since I don't Sync my file, I don't know what this function does and how easy it would be to set up. Just thought I let you know, so you can take a look at this yourself.
    Bottom line: I guess we can call this "Implemented", in some way or another.

[Edited 12/20/19, UKR: Per Quicken_Natalie's post below this function does not yet exist. If you would like to see this function added to Quicken please vote on this discussion / Idea. Details below.]
  • Hello UKR,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

After doing some research, I've determined that Quicken does not currently offer Alerts for the Budgeting feature, including going over budget, and the information displayed in the Quicken Help menu regarding this is inaccurate. 

This discrepancy has been reported and the Quicken Help menu will be updated accordingly.

In the meantime, if you would like to see this Idea be considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, please be sure to add your vote!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Quicken_Natalie , for looking into this and also for changing this discussion into an Idea post.
    Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

Vote on Ideas!

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

• GT1638t
    GT1638t Member
    A selection of budget choices would be useful. For instance, a choice between a zero-based month and a 50/30/20 budget.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.