How do I create a lending loan in Quicken for Mac?

Title says it all. The support article says when I add an asset I'll be asked about a loan but there was no loan question, no obvious account actions icon and no way to convert an asset to a lending loan.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Oogie McGuire
    Oogie McGuire Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I was really hoping that Quicken on the Mac had finally gotten parity with the Windows system. I'll go cancel my subscription now.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Oogie McGuire If you're interested, you can set up the loan account  and a recurring monthly transaction in Quicken, and create an amortization schedule on a website, all in about 5 minutes of set-up work, and then manually update the recurring transaction in about 30 seconds of work each month. Yes, it's manual (or semi-automatic, depending on semantics), but it's do-able with a limited amount of work. I won't take the time to post more details here if you're not interested; post back if you want help setting this up.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Oogie McGuire
    Oogie McGuire Member ✭✭
    There are more issues than the lending loan difference. Not worth the hassle to try to deal with them all so I'm not going to bother with trying to get Quicken in any form to handle my finances.
This discussion has been closed.