Upgrading from Quicken Mac 2017 to QM2020 while outside the USA

Hi,

Similar to what many others have already discussed in the Quicken Community Forum, I have also been notified by Quicken that the "connected services" will cease on April 30th 2020 unless I upgrade to their Quicken 2020 Membership.

Given that I see the benefit of their "connected services", I found a reasonable good price on Amazon.com for the Deluxe version, but I'm away from US soil for an extended period, and there is a 'disclaimer' stating:

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.

What is unclear to me is whether or not that means I have to find a way to get an ordered disc to me (a hassle!!!) versus downloading the new 2020 version with help of the 'PC/Mac Online Code' being offered on Amazon.com. On Quicken.com there is NO mention of the download restriction which Amazon mentions, but prices are higher, AND I don't want to run into the country download issue for which Amazon is warning, but Quicken is silent on.

Is anyone able to provide insight?

Thanks,
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you're outside the US and Canada, what benefit do you anticipate from the upgrade?  You can't download now (since you're not in North America) so the connected services that you're loosing amount to nothing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PJB
    PJB Member ✭✭
    smayer97, thanks for the idea of using their money back guarantee. I guess it's something I will keep in my back pocket. I'm still curious though whether they will technically prevent me from downloading the new version/subscription installation due to non-US IP address.

NotACPA, the connected services work overseas, just like when you are in the US (or Canada), but obviously only with US based financial institutions, which is what I need/want.
This discussion has been closed.