Report just showing BUDGET amounts? For monthly cash flow XLS.

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
I have a spreadsheet that tabulates income from various sources, by month. I want to include the total budget by month so I can spot months where I can put money into savings or pull money out from savings.

I can't seem to get that output from the current Budget report. I can only get a report that has 3 columns for each month. What am I doing wrong?
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Best Answer

Answers

• Phil Burton
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I could not do a copy/paste on the Planning> Budgets table for the total monthly budget.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Phil Burton

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist with this. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Phil Burton
    Options
    Natalie,

I'm using the latest subscription version of Quicken Premier, with all patches applied, on Windows 10 Pro 64.

I worked up a budget (Planning) for 2020, and I wanted to export the top line number into an Excel spreadsheet. The line of numbers I want to export is the first one below the row that has column headings for each month. It's the row that is titled "Personal Expenses."
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello Phil,

Thank you for providing these additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response. 

I'm not seeing a way to export just the top-line portion of the budget, i.e. Personal Expenses

You may find more information regarding Budget reports and graphs here, and more details on exporting reports here

You may consider browsing the Budgeting and Planning Tools section of the Product Ideas for Quicken Windows for any existing Ideas that may outline what you're attempting to accomplish in Quicken, as well as the Reports section. 

If you are unable to find any existing Ideas that meet your needs, you may consider creating your own Idea thread outlining the specifics of what you would like to see implemented in Quicken.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try Planning > Budgets 
    At the top pick Annual view and Budget only
    Click on the minus sign at the left of each section if you want to collapse the sections
    Go to File > Print budgets
    Pick Export to and .PRN (123 Compatible)
    Give the file name a .CSV extension

Despite the odd selection, this will produce a CSV file that you should be able to open directly in Excel.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Phil Burton
    Options
    Jim_Harmon,

Thank you for this suggestion. However, all I got was the column heading lines, e.g. Jan, Feb, etc, and BUDGET, BUDGET ...

What I wanted was the top line numbers.

My "workaround" is to take a screenshot of the budget top line numbers, and then paste that screenshot into my 2020 cashflow analysis spreadsheet, as a reference. Then I have to type in each month's number into the spreadsheet. That approach minimizes clerical errors, but it's not scalable.
  • Phil Burton
    Options
    Jim,

I followed Quicken_Natalie's suggestion and started a new thread for this feature.
This discussion has been closed.