Do I need to pay membership dues?

I upgrade once every 4 years, I have TB's of online storage and I have used Quicken for decades now so support is not an issue. Will Quicken stop working if I do not pay membership dues?

Best Answer

Answers

• I am actually running Quicken 2020 but that is not listed as an option so I choose the most recent version. Paying $50 and getting nothing in return leads me to think it is not a good investment. As long as Quicken will keep running I am good.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The "subscription" model has replaced the "yearly" naming after 2017,
    and allows access to all the online features...
    (2018, 2019, and 2020 == "subscription")
    this would include - software updates, downloading your financial transactions, quotes, investments, Quicken Mobile App, Quicken on the Web, Quicken Cloud, etc -  after your "subscription" ends, or you chose to not renew, these extra online features would be restricted -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• All I want to do is balance my checkbook. I do not need any of those features.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you're running "Starter Edition", then Q becomes READ ONLY when your subscription expires.
    The higher level product have about 1/4 of the screen taken up with a "nag message" to renew if your subscription expires.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rwheeler23
    rwheeler23 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes that nag question is very annoying. What is even worse if you click on Renew it immediately renews your account without any further confirmations. (Removed-disruptive)
This discussion has been closed.