When I click on updates in my account I get a notice: Error can't connect, wait ten minutes

James King
James King Member ✭✭
the Error says can't connect, wait ten minutes, try again. I've been trying for two days and always the same deal! Up and until about the 11th of the month, everything worked as usual. Thank you, Jim

Best Answer

Answers

• James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    For better than three days now I get the following message when I try to update my accounts, "Quicken on line service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes and try again. I've been trying over 3 days and as soon as I click one step update, I get the same message. I have no problems getting on line with anything but Quicken 2020,. I did not have this problem until about the same 3+ days before with
    quicken 2020 either. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Jim
  • JohnV177
    JohnV177 Member
    I an experiencing the same issue. Has anyone from Quicken responded?
  • JohnV177
    JohnV177 Member
    I am having the issues, thanks for posting your problem Jim. Anyone at Quicken working to answer or resolve?
  • George@13
    George@13 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issues all day. Will it be fixed soon?
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    Not as of this time. Jim
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I have no idea as I have yet to hear anything about resolving this issue., Jim
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    My Version of Quicken is; Version R24.14, Build 27.1.24.14,, year 2020 Quicken. I can't seem to find any other way to leave a message. Jim
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I clicked on Learn & Support and saw a reply that Quicken is aware of some people having this problem and it is being worked on.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Have you tried rebooting?" asked every customer service rep ever.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I've tried that many times plus, it does the same thing on two different computers too.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""James King" ,

Read this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Operating system Build not mentioned as well as the Financial Institutions involved.
    Or what Anti-Virus program being used?

See this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I am running Windows 10 version 1903, installed on 12/10/2019, OS Build: 18362.657,. Antivirus is Webroot.
    Quicken gets to the point of asking for my Pass Word Vault pin ID and soon after I enter that information, Quicken goes directly to the wait 10 minuets, try again and that is as far as it gets and goes no further. It is like it has no idea that I am connected to the internet. Now, I am on line through Exceed / Viastat service which for a good number of years hasn't caused any problems with Quicken connecting and downloading my files from Community Bank-NA or Visa. Thank you, Jim
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I just tried this and found out that it totally "freezes Quicken" And the only way out of the freeze is to hit "Ctrl-Alt-Delete." It is when I click on "Mobil & Web." Even should I click on anything on the opening page absolutely nothing happens and the screen remains as it had opened up, Jim
  • BDAHL385
    BDAHL385 Member
    I have been getting the same error message for 2 days now trying to do a one step update or a single account download transaction function. I have not installed or changed any program or windows update during this time. It just started yesterday for me. Running Quicken Premier on a Windows 10 PC.
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I hope they soon do something to straighten this out before to long! I depend on my bank and card accounts to keep up with them as well as seeing if anyone might be fooling around in my stuff. I run Delux as I don't need all the other things. Jim
  • George@13
    George@13 Member ✭✭
    Still having this issue for 3 days now.
  • thecreator
    edited February 2020
    I am running Windows 10 version 1903, installed on 12/10/2019, OS Build: 18362.657,. Antivirus is Webroot.
    Quicken gets to the point of asking for my Pass Word Vault pin ID and soon after I enter that information, Quicken goes directly to the wait 10 minuets, try again and that is as far as it gets and goes no further. It is like it has no idea that I am connected to the internet. Now, I am on line through Exceed / Viastat service which for a good number of years hasn't caused any problems with Quicken connecting and downloading my files from Community Bank-NA or Visa. Thank you, Jim
    Hi @""James King" ,

Windows Version was not needed. You are not on the latest build. Open Settings, click Update and Security. Click Optional Build. Download and Install. It is a small Build. No Windows.old is generated.

Disable Webroot and see what happens.

• James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    I downloaded the update and also shut down the antivirus program as suggested. No difference, as soon as I enter my vault pass word I get the same wait 10 minutes and try again. Jim
  • thecreator
    Hi @""James King" ,

Are you using Special Characters within the Vault Password?

• James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    Yes, I always have and it is (@),. Jim
  • James King
    James King Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Your instructions got my Quicken working again!
This discussion has been closed.