I have Quicken Essentials for Mac 2010. Just upgraded to Catalina OS. Can't access data. Help!

Options
Need to know which version(s) of Quicken work on Catalina OS, and can access my Quicken Essentials data.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You will need to replace your Quicken Essentials with Quicken Mac, which will import and update your data to the current file format. You'll find the user interface familiar, but it's advanced a fair amount over the past 8 years or so.

Quicken is now sold on a subscription basis. That means you pay annually (or every two years if you find a two year subscription) to continue using Quicken. If you let your subscription lapse, you can continue using Quicken manually* -- no downloads, just manual entry of accounts -- but Quicken chews up the right quarter of the screen with an obnoxious reminder to re-subscribe. (*Quicken Deluxe or Premier; do not get Quicken Starter Edition, or you will not be able to enter anything if you subscription lapses.)

I'd suggest looking online for the best current price for a Quicken Deluxe subscription. Prices vary frequently; Amazon is often the lowest, and Quicken.com depends on what offer it might give you. (Amazon is currently showing a $39.99 offer for a 14-month subscription; that's about as low as it ever goes.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MarilynRedig
    Options
    Thanks to both Jacobs and smayer97 for your prompt replies!
    I also read online that Quicken for Mac 2017 (non-subscription version, should work with Catalina. Do you consider this a viable option? Up to this point I haven’t done any online activity with Quicken (transaction downloads or bill pay). Not sure I will do that in near future.
This discussion has been closed.