How do I permanently Clear and Reconcile an old transaction that keeps returning as "uncleared"?

I use One-step Update to download new transactions each day. Three months ago I made two purchases from the same vendor. They processed correctly by the credit card company and downloaded into the appropriate account in Quicken. The transactions showed as "cleared" when entered. When I reconciled the credit card account that month, the transactions showed as "reconciled". Later, I noticed the reconciled and cleared status boxes were blank. The transactions showed up as uncleared, so I manually changed their status to reconciled, since I had already reconciled the account. Now I have noticed that every time I reboot my computer, the status goes back to uncleared. I have deleted and re-entered both transactions many times, but the problem continues. I use Quicken Home Business Rental, 2020, version R25.10, build 27.1.25.10. Windows 10.

Best Answer

• twnicolaysen
    twnicolaysen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the past, I had made the correction in the desktop, then did a "Sync Now" from the tab pull-down menu. Then, when I would do a One-Step Update, the transactions would reappear as uncleared.
    Just now, I made the correction first on Quicken Web, exited QW, then reopened the desktop and "Sync Now", and the transaction stayed "Reconciled". I just now did a One-Step Update and the two transactions are still correctly showing as "Reconciled".
    It appears that I had to make the correction first through QW and then Sync from the desktop. Is there logic to that?

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a Validate & Repair?

Be sure to have a reliable backup before trying this.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• twnicolaysen
    twnicolaysen Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I had done a Validate and Repair. Initially, it fixed the error, but it later returned. I just now did a V&R and the problem appears to be fixed. I will watch and report any further issue...could be today, could be never. We'll see. Thanks for your kind attention.
  • twnicolaysen
    twnicolaysen Member ✭✭
    The problem continues. I have deleted and reentered the transactions and they continue to show up as uncleared. I have deleted them from the cloud (on-line) database and they continue to show as uncleared. I have followed all the suggestions, and more, and these two transactions keep reappearing. I don't know what else to do.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @twnicolaysen

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

May I ask, what steps did you take to delete the two transactions from the "cloud"? 

Were they deleted from the Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web app?

After deleting the two transactions from the cloud, was a "sync to Quicken cloud" performed in the desktop software? If so, was the sync done from the One Step Update window?  Or the Mobile & Alerts tab?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • twnicolaysen
    twnicolaysen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the past, I had made the correction in the desktop, then did a "Sync Now" from the tab pull-down menu. Then, when I would do a One-Step Update, the transactions would reappear as uncleared.
    Just now, I made the correction first on Quicken Web, exited QW, then reopened the desktop and "Sync Now", and the transaction stayed "Reconciled". I just now did a One-Step Update and the two transactions are still correctly showing as "Reconciled".
    It appears that I had to make the correction first through QW and then Sync from the desktop. Is there logic to that?
This discussion has been closed.