Continue to use 2017, even though paid for 2019?

I have been using Quicken 2017, and recently paid for the new Version 2019. After downloading it to my computer, I had nothing but problems with it. I uninstalled the new, and reinstalled Quicken 2017. I would like to continue with 2017, instead of the new version. Will I still be able to get quote/price updates?

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drogers211 ,

No!  See this article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy?priorityCode=1348800000

What is discontinuation? What Quicken services will be discontinued?

Quicken products contain online services such as transaction download and online bill pay. A purchase of a Quicken product license includes the ability to use these online services until the discontinuation date (listed in the chart above).

On the corresponding date for your Quicken product, these connected services will expire and be discontinued:

• Online bill pay
    • Downloading and/or importing financial data
    • Downloading stock quotes, news headlines and other financial information into Quicken
    • Uploading portfolio information from Quicken to Quicken.com
    • Live Support
    • Software patches and updates

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• drogers211
    drogers211 Member ✭✭
    Does that mean that even though I have paid for the upgrade, I can't use the features (quotes download or free support) from within my Quicken 2017?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drogers211 ,

No, to Quicken 2017.

Yes, to Quicken Subscription Product (Quicken 2020).

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean that even though I have paid for the upgrade, I can't use the features (quotes download or free support) from within my Quicken 2017?
    Yes.  Quicken will stop providing the services to Quicken 2017 after April 30th, 2020.
This discussion has been closed.