Time Machine

Options
If Quicken for Mac 2019 flies are lost and the trash bin has been emptied, will time machine still have the missing files?
Thanks very much.
Tim
Tagged:

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, though it may not be the absolute latest. If you are using the default settings, Time Machine will back up every hour.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @tkr4837,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Time machine does work if you have it enabled, and you will want to navigate to the location where these files would normally be saved before entering the time machine.

By default, Quicken data and backup files get saved in the hidden library. You can access that by opening Finder > Hold "Option" on your keyboard and click on the "Go" menu at the top of your screen > Select "Library" in the dropdown while holding still holding "Option".

Once the library opens you can let go of the "Option" key and open the folder called "Application Support", then open the folder called "Quicken". In this folder, you should have 4 different folders-- Backups, Documents, Downloads, and Logs or Log Files. You can either enter time machine once you open the Quicken folder or you can go into Backups or Documents and then enter the time machine. Backups (of course) is where all backup and automatic backup files get saved and Documents is where the master data files get saved.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tkr4837
    tkr4837 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Anja,
    I did just what you outlined, and I now have my files back. My wife and I can not thank you enough!
    All the best.
    Warm Regards,
    Tim
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear that worked for you guys!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.