Report or query on the memo field (with hidden accounts) (Q Mac)

frank6
frank6 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Reports (Mac)
I posted this a year ago and this feature is still not possible. I wonder how many other find this to be a problem?

I have been using the Mac version exclusively for about 4 years now. Since this time I have not been able to find a purchase on a credit card that is recorded in the memo field. I know I have done this in the windows version.

I have bought items over the years and with larger ticket items I put the description of the item in the memo field. How do I find that item? I know that I can click at the top left under "all transactions" and do the search there. But the problem is over the years I have had many credit cards and they are now hidden so it won't show this way.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @frank

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To view transactions and memos of transactions on previously closed accounts, I would create a report.

To do so, navigate to Reports > Category Transaction Report.

I would then customize the date range, categories etc. Be sure to check off "Include Accounts Hidden From Reports.

One the report has been created, navigate to columns and check of "Memo/Notes"

Please let me know if this shows you are what you are needing!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • frank6
    frank6 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. You work around was discussed a year ago but falls short.

I guess I am becoming impatient with the progress with quicken for Mac.

this should be an easy enough feature to add to the search field! I use that search field so often!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @frank  This request is embodied in this Idea thread from more than three years ago. The good news is that it was marked as a "Planned" feature, meaning the developers have committed to adding this feature. The bad news is that it was marked Planned 13 months ago, and we have no idea when this functionality will appear; it could be next month or more than a year away -- there's just no way to know. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.