How do I resolve an error OL-362-A?

After a validation, I get an error OL-362-A with one of my brokerage accounts when I attempt to download security values. When i attempt to re-connect with the brokerage there is no link to the organization and I'm told I have to enter all 30 securities manually. I have three such accounts, two of which show they are connected and set for transaction download but the third is not. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bobmacle,

Apparently this sometimes happens because your account information is out-of-synch with the brokerage's server and the remedy is to deactivate and then reactivate the account in Quicken. 

Here's the detailed guidance on how to resolve this error:  https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-ol-362

Before you take any of the above steps make sure that you back-up your current Quicken data file!!

Let us know how this goes and/or if the problems persist'

Take care & stay safe!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bobmacle
    bobmacle Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx but I have a problem with that account. In Online Details, despite always being able to download to it, it shows "Set up Now". If I treat it as if it was deactivated and proceed to set it up as new, and download, it just comes up with the statement that Quicken has downloaded to an account that is not present, error OL-382-A
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bobmacle

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by resetting the cloud.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.

Click Reset your cloud data.

After this process is complete, please try to activate the account once more. Please let me know if you still get the same error message after this step.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bobmacle
    bobmacle Member ✭✭
    I followed your suggestion but nothing has changed. That account is still saying "Set up Now"and going through the process just opens a new brokerage account with nothing in it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @bobmacle,

Thank you for your response, and I'm sorry to hear this has not been resolved yet.

At this point-- I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. 

-Quicken Anja

Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT
    Note: Chat Support will also be available for these hours 7 days a week.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bobmacle,

I agree with @Quicken Anja, but since you can't talk to Support until Monday, you might want to try one more thing depending on the answer to this question - 

When you tried resetting the cloud, did you sign out of the mobile app first? If not, the reset would not be successful. You'll want to sign out of the mobile app, reset, then sync and sign back in. 

If that still fails you can also sign out of your data file and sign back in to see if that works instead.

Sign out from your Mobile App > Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts > Sign in as a different user > Type "Yes" > Sign Out > Sign back in with your Quicken ID and password and follow the prompts to get back to your data file > Attempt to sync again > Sign back into the Mobile App

BTW - the above guidance (in Italics) is actually from another post by @Quicken Anja - just want to be transparent.  It worked for another user and may work for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Anja
    I would also like to add that we just received notice of Chat Support now being available for these same support hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT) 7 days a week. Phone Support will still remain Monday through Friday.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• bobmacle
    bobmacle Member ✭✭
    Further to the question of my signing out of the mobile app, I had done that. Thank you, All, for your suggestions. I will try Chat Support or wait until Monday and seek phone support.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the update, @bobmacle!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.