How to Transfer my Quicken files from Mac Starter Edition to Windows Starter Edition

Options
I see this message in the Quicken Help: The conversion of Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows Starter Edition is not currently possible. The option to import QXF files, which is necessary for this conversion process, is not available.
So how do I convert my Quicken files to Windows Starter Edition???

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't.  The minimum Windows edition that will import QXF files is the Deluxe edition.  You will have to upgrade to that edition to do the import.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Starter Edition", for both QMac and QWin, is intended to be just that.  A "Starter", meaning that you haven't used Q previously ... which is why you can't import into Starter from another Q product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buy a Deluxe license from Quicken.com, import the QXF file into Deluxe, then open the file in Starter and return Deluxe to Quicken.com for a refund.  The only caveat is that you have to do all of this in 30 days.
    I would do the Deluxe purchase with a different Quicken Id than that used for the Starter edition license.
    If Quicken.com is real smart, they would grant you a 14 day license to Deluxe to do this so that you and they did not have to go thru the refund process.  Ask Quicken Support if that is possible.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.