I do not use Quicken Cloud Sync; yet I get One Step Update Cloud Sync Errors

Cloud Sync is not checked in the Schedule Updates window. In fact, no online services are checked. I read and tried all solutions to get rid of the error and it still shows on the Update Summary. How do I get this error to stop???

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ LHGoldstein,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    Help > About Quicken

To start with, I suggest you sign out of and back into your data file.
    Please follow the steps below--
    Edit > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts > Sign in as a different user > Type "Yes" > Click "Sign Out" > Once you receive the sign-in screen-- Sign back in using you Quicken ID email and password > follow the prompts until you are back in your data file > run the One Step Update again and see if you still receive the error.

Note: After signing back in you may or may not get a screen asking you if you want to use mobile and web. If you do-- Choose "Don't use mobile and web".

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    Quicken - Premier
    Year: 2020
    Version: R25.21
    Build: 27.1.25.21

I have performed your solution three times. By my question, you can see that it did not work.

Any ideas?
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the error statement?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your response. 

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the message you receive?

FYI-- If you are unable to attach the screenshot in your response you can drag and drop the image to your response which will create a link for me to click on and I'll be able to view it within my browser instead.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    Services Updated
    Errors during Quicken Cloud sync
    You need to select accounts to export.

Those are the errors I receive.

Quicken functions fine - I just fine the error messages annoying.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you perform the steps outlined by @Quicken Anja correctly you should see these screens.

• LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    [removed - provocative]
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for help or just trolling?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the Show just the last update box at the bottom of the One Step Update Summary window.
  • LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    I am not trolling. I am trying to find out why the One Step Update Screen shows the errors when I have performed the fix three times. If it had taken three times to solve the problem, I would be extremely happy. But, it has not fixed the problem.

I will ask this, "If the software continues to report Quicken Sync error messages and it does not affect the operation of the software, should I care about the errors?
  • Quicken Anja
    @LHGoldstein,

Sync errors only affect the Quicken Cloud, but not your data file. 

Sorry, for the delay in my response, though I do want to let you know that I am currently still searching around to see what else I can find to stop the errors.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    Then for all intent and purpose, I can ignore the errors.

Thanks!!!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I am not trolling. I am trying to find out why the One Step Update Screen shows the errors when I have performed the fix three times. If it had taken three times to solve the problem, I would be extremely happy. But, it has not fixed the problem.

I will ask this, "If the software continues to report Quicken Sync error messages and it does not affect the operation of the software, should I care about the errors?
    The One Step Update Summary will report the last error received until the request is  successful.  If you're not syncing with the Cloud, you do not need to attempt to resolve the issue.  As I said:
    Sherlock said:
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the Show just the last update box at the bottom of the One Step Update Summary window.
    If you really want to resolve the issue, you would need to successfully sync to the Cloud.
This discussion has been closed.