Have not had an activation key sent to me

Hi:

Just purchased v5.15.3 from Quicken.com but never received an Activation Key (but did get the e-mail from my bank confirming that my credit card was indeed charged). Tried to restart several times per this screen shot to no avail (I can log into my Quicken account just fine BTW). Can anyone help me getting the software working?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ended up using the "Chat" option. Got an AWESOME support agent who fixed the issue (problem with e-mail format). Can't say enough nice things about how good he was, but it did take 70 minutes. Wish Quicken had a way to simply e-mail someone with a problem and they could work on it for a day or two and come back with a solution, rather than waiting for over an hour in a customer time-inefficient phone or chat format. Regardless, I'm very grateful for the Chat support.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried signing out of your Quicken ID and then back in?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for volunteering your time and expertise and weighing in!

Unfortunately, I just did that and still no effect, and still no e-mail with an activation key.

An interesting thing is that there is no record of my purchase now in the "My Account" page, whereas it was there before.

Much appreciated.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't any activation code when you buy directly from Quicken.com.  The activation is immediately applied to whatever Quicken Id you used during that purchase.  Did you use the same Quicken Id for the purchase that you are using for your Quicken data file?

Note the activation code is used when you purchase from a retailer.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello @CharPatton

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

If you purchased Quicken from Quicken.com, an activation code isn't needed to install the application.

A request for an activation code typically indicates that the Quicken ID used to sign in differs from the ID used to initially purchase a subscription.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken account using the email associated with your Community account and I saw that while this is associated with a Quicken ID, there is no subscription associated with this email.

If you are unable to locate the email used to purchase the subscription, I would contact support directly for assistance. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks so much to Chris and Tyka for explaining about the activation code; at least that issue is resolved now!

I think that someone may have hijacked my account or something weird like that because there is lots of weirdness going on:

1) Yesterday I could see purchases in my account from both Nov 2018 and yesterday; now (as Tyka confirms) there is nothing there.

2) I keep getting password rejection notices and have to reset my password again and again.

However, AmX sent me an e-mail confirming the charge to purchase Quicken yesterday, so something went through 

I'm hoping that there is a helpful customer service rep out in Quicken land somewhere that can use my AmX charge info and my e-mail address to resolve the issue painlessly. (I'd rather not hang on phone tree h*&^ for hours (ok, I know that is an exaggeration but you know what I mean) to try and fix this.)

Also, please note that the Quicken "signature says that one may reply directly to this e-mail for help (please see SS#1, attached), but the header specifically says "no reply" (please see SS#2, attached); I tried that twice and as expected from the header immediately got two "bouncebacks".

Thanks to all for trying to help with this time-consuming issue! Best.

(removed attached images to redact employee info)
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Hi:

Not sure how this forum works. Is there anyone from Quicken "listening", or are all of these posts from nice people volunteering their time? If the former, can anyone from Quicken respond and fix this without a huge time investment on our part? You have my e-mail, address, and credit card payment (I'm still out $50 (please see attached AmX screenshot), but no functioning software.).

Thank you for anything you can do to resolve this quickly and painlessly.
    CC.png 19.8K
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CharPatton

Thank you for the response, I am a Quicken employee and a moderator for the Quicken Community.

The email that you have used for the Community and the email tied to your Quicken account does not have an order or subscription associated with it.

This would indicate that another email was used to purchase the subscription. You will need to locate the email that was used to purchase the subscription.

If you are unable to locate the email used to purchase the subscription, I would contact support directly for assistance. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • CharPatton
    CharPatton Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ended up using the "Chat" option. Got an AWESOME support agent who fixed the issue (problem with e-mail format). Can't say enough nice things about how good he was, but it did take 70 minutes. Wish Quicken had a way to simply e-mail someone with a problem and they could work on it for a day or two and come back with a solution, rather than waiting for over an hour in a customer time-inefficient phone or chat format. Regardless, I'm very grateful for the Chat support.
  • Cynthia Davis
    Cynthia Davis Member
    Hi. I updated my Quicken for Mac on 4/29. When I opened my file today, I get the error message that says I need to upgrade. When can I expect the update to take effect?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Cynthia Davis Please go to the About Quicken screen on the Quicken menu and tell us what it says for year and version number. The reason I ask is that we've seen a number of users who paid for a subscription, but because they were using a pre-subscription version of Quicken (such as Quicken 2017), did not realize they had to download and install the subscription version.

If your Quicken says 2017, you're still on an old version, despite paying for a subscription. Purchasing the subscription does not automatically move you to the current version. (Did you purchase from Quicken directly (on Quicken.com) or did you buy from a retailers like Amazon or Best Buy? I'm going to assume the former here, but if I've guessed wrong, it'll be easy to set you on the right path when you write back.)

Log into Quicken.com, and it should show you have a subscription through April 29, 2021. Does it? Click the Download for Mac link to download the current Quicken installer. After installing Quicken Subscription (also referred to here as Quicken 2020), when you launch it, you will tell it to start from your Quicken 2017 data file, which will be imported and updated to the current format. (After you have used the 2020 version for a bit, and make sure your data has no issues, you can go back and delete the Quicken 2017 app and Quicken 2017 data file to avoid confusion in the future.)

If you are indeed just now updating to Quicken 2020, things will look mostly the same as Quicken 2017, but there have been a lot of enhancements made over the past three years, especially with reports, data entry rules, and bill payments. A good place to learn what's changed is opening "Release Notes" on the Quicken help menu; scroll to the bottom and work your way up the list, clicking the "+" icon to open up the details about each release. In about 10 minutes, you can read about the new features from the past 3 years. 

And the good news is that once you have the subscription version installed, you won't have to do this little upgrade dance in the future; you'll simply get notifications when new releases are available, and two button clicks will download and install the latest release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.