Update screwed up my register and now I can't reconcile my balance

Options
My register matches my account balance online, but I can't reconcile because the online balance in the reconcile screen is off by several thousands of dollars. Why isn't quicken reconcile feature picking up the correct balance from my bank?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

What is the name of the bank you're having issues with?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

• Debra
    Debra Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Mac, US, Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100) macOS 10.14.6. Regions Bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already and are still needing assistance, please select the "Back" button on the reconcile screen in Quicken.

Please select "Update Now", after the sync has completed has the balance updated or does it remain the same?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Debra
    Debra Member ✭✭
    Options
    Regions bank doesn't allow Quicken to automatically update. I have to go into my regions profile, manually download quicken files for each of my accounts, and import them into Quicken. If I click on the 'back' button, all it does is bring me to the Regions sign in page. I did download an updated Quicken file, but it still shows the wrong online balance and won't reconcile.

Debra
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Debra,

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I have a few follow-up questions to help understand what could be the cause of this issue.

When attempting to reconcile what is the date that is listed as the online balance?

Second, what is the URL that you use when visiting the Regions Website? There are several Regions options in the bank list and I am unable to locate a Regions option that does not offer automatic downloading?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Debra
    Debra Member ✭✭
    Options
    Regions.com is the URL that I use to login. The date is always the current date. Yesterday, it was May 10th. Today, it's May 11th. I tried updating the information again to include the transfers I made yesterday and it's still not reading the ending online balance correctly.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello Debra,

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

How much of a discrepancy are you seeing the Online Balance in Quicken and what the balance should be?

Could it be possible that the difference is that the online balance is either including or excluding pending transactions?

Please note that pending transactions should not be included in the Quicken online balance.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Debra
    Debra Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've deleted all pending transaction entries. I'm still off by over $3592.42. The ending balance in the register matches, but I cannot get the reconcile feature to match the balance online even after I download an updated quicken file and import it into the register.
This discussion has been closed.