PC Desktop App hangs and crashes every time I try to sync

Options
cchart
cchart Unconfirmed
Windows 10, Quicken Home & Business 2020, Canada edition, Version 25.22, Build 27.1.25.22

The Quicken desktop app hangs and crashes every time I try to sync. The sync never appears to finish, the computer CPU runs at high utilization and the app remains frozen where I need to use task manager to force it to shut down.

Open re-opening the application and checking the web app, it appears to have synced the data, but it always hangs and crashes the desktop app. I've tried every recommended step of trouble shooting like clearing web data etc.

This has been an issue with the app for years across several versions, but I've only had a chance to dig into it further now as we are all working from home.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cchart,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue and sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved.

-Quicken Anja

Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
    • Quicken Phone Support - Monday through Friday
    • Quicken Chat Support - 7 days a week

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.