Quicken Is Not Advising Nor Updating When New Revisions Are Available

Boatnmaniac
Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
A couple of days ago I was running R25.21 and noticed that someone else was running R26.14.  I was surprised that Quicken had not advised me that a new revision was available for update so I had Quicken check for updates and it said that I had the latest revision.
I then went to Quicken Support to check the revisions history and was even more surprised to find out that the current revision is R26.15...so I was two revisions out of date, not one.  Installing the Mondo Patch brought me up to date.
Yesterday, another Community member said he was running R26.14 and when I asked him to update to R26.15 he said he had the same issue...Quicken told him he had the latest revision and so there was nothing to update.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken does staged releases. Some people randomly get an early release, then Quicken pauses the release to see what feedback they get before releasing it to everyone. Think of it as Gamma Test.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    @Rocket J Squirrel  - Ah, that makes sense.  But I would think the appropriate way to do that would be to test in a beta group, first, before posting it as a release available that anyone can download and install.  Thanks.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I would think the appropriate way to do that would be to test in a beta group, first, before posting it as a release available that anyone can download and install.  Thanks.
    Software is sent to beta testing and QA before it is released. However, there are not an infinite number of scenarios/systems/hardware that can be tested by any beta testing method. That is why distributed software is presented in staged release. If users with their particular setup experience issues and it becomes common enough, staged release can be paused (as you have seen). If no or few issues are reported (forum feedback) then the next staged role out proceeds. This is considered a best practice for software development.

• Boatnmaniac
    Thanks for the additional explanation, @GeoffG

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As  an aside, many of the SuperUsers are also in the Beta Testing group.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.