QUICKEN STAFF: STOP SENDING QW2017 EXPIRATION EMAILS!!!

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I must have received 20 or 30 emails telling my my QW2017 is expired. I use Subscription. Yes, once upon a time I used '17, but I don't any more. Make the emails stop!

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious that I'm not receiving them ... because, once upon a time, I used QW2017 also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have received a number of these emails. It smacks of inept when marketing cannot even scrub the list of Q2017 users vs. Q Subscription!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have got a couple, but that is about it.

I suggest you look at this link, I think I did this years ago.

I assume you have already turn these off:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I have all the boxes un-checked that can be un-checked. But I wonder whether I have to go through every data file on my PC to change this preference. I have many data files.
    [EDIT: It's clear these are for in-product messages, not emails.]
    One of the data files, which was a copy of my production file, shows this:
    Hard to tell what's going on there.
    Well, I finally found this page: https://webservices.quicken.com/privacy where I can unsubscribe. But in the link above in @Chris_QPW 's post, there's the disclaimer

Please note that you may still receive business communications regarding your account, transactions or inquiries, even if you have opted out of marketing communications.

Some of these critical business communications include:

• Discontinuation information
    So this may well be hopeless.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• kevs
    kevs Member ✭✭
    Thanks Rocky will give it a try.
  • kevs
    kevs Member ✭✭
    thanks Chris.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have followed the steps to opt out of emails. As Mr Squirrel points out, Quicken will continue to email you about Quicken products that are expiring and there is NO way to opt out of those emails. 

I know my Q2017 is expiring. I don't need endlessly repeated emails to remind me. I would welcome a way to truly opt out of ALL emails from Quicken. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• hwy86
    hwy86 Member ✭✭
    I moved to the subscrption version several years ago but been receiving these very annoying emails on a regular bias for the last couple months. I have emailed Quicken telling them I am on their new version and that these emails are irrelevant and should stop yet they keep coming. Does anyone at Quicken realize this relentless emailing about Quicken 2017 to customers already upgraded just serves to make customers mad? I has me!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    I got 3 more today.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have started reporting them as spam. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Good idea. They truly are spam.

This discussion has been closed.