Many items in this category are missing in the report

See these two spreadsheets

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @ lalonde.md

From the screenshots you provided it looks as though there are 2 payees for this category. One is “Stationnement de Montreal” and the other is “Place Bonnaventure”. Place Bonnaventure seems to only have one transaction which is included on the report. Please click on the CUSTOMIZE option at the top left. 

Under PAYEES be sure that “Stationnement de Montreal” is selected. If this payee is from a different financial account than Place Bonnaventure, please be sure that the corresponding account is also selected. Doing this should allow all of the transactions under this category to populate in the report.

Please let us know if this worked!

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

• lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Report comes from only one account
    But I’d like to have all items from the category « stationnement » from All account
  • Hello @ lalonde.md

Select the Payee option here:

Be sure that both the payees “Stationnement de Montreal” and “Place Bonnaventure” are selected. I believe this action will populate the report with all of the transactions for the category Stationnement.  

Please let me know if this works!

-          Quicken Diana

• lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Hello Diana
    It is still the same problem
    This item has been paid with a different credit card (1459) and i'd like other line paid with credit card (7213) to be included
    All these items are in the category "Stationnement"
    So, selecting this category "Stationnement" should include all items
    I don't see your image

Select the Payee option here:

(Image)
  • lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Hello again
    Here also some transactions are missing in the category "Cotisation"
    I think there ia a problem with tis version of Quicken
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @lalonde.me  You're showing only short category names in the screenshots. Could you go to Quicken Preferences and switch temporarily to Display Long Names. Is it possible that you have any other subcategory called "Stationnement" under a category other than Déponses Pierre? If not, what if you edited that main category to remove the hyphen as the leading character -- any change?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Hello Jacob
    Here are the long names for cargory "Stationnement"
    When I select this category, I want all Accounts and all Payees to be included
    All my expenses begin by - and all my incomes begin by + and are not a problem
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lalonde.md

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

May I ask that you navigate to the report once more and choose "Customize" this time please choose "Payees."

As a test, please choose to Select Include Transactions With Any or No Payees"s the category will filter out only the payees with the selected categories.

Then select "OK" and view the report once more, are the transactions still missing?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    I just did what you said, and I still have only the same one transaction

I now send you another example, because for many categories, some transactions are missing - but not for all
    Here is an example with the category "Cotisation"
    When I use "Category summary" I receive all item (in red en black)
    But with Report "Category transaction" some items are missing
    May it be a problem within the Quicken program?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lalonde.md

Thank you for the response and for trying a separate report and including screenshots.

It would appear that the Category Summary report includes Income and Expense. While the Category Transaction report only includes Expense items.

To correct this, please navigate to the Category Transaction Report and go to Customize and choose Advanced.

Then change the Organization to "Cash Flow." That should include the Expense and Income items.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Thank your for your patience
    But even with Cash Flow, stlll the same items are missing
    As you can see "Costco frais annuels $137.97" has a sign + and nther are -
    I wonder why?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and for providing additional screenshots.

May I ask that you navigate to Customize and select "Tags" can you include a screenshot of what is included in the Tags column.

Also, as a test, can you select "Include All Transfers" and see if the report stays the same after completing those two steps?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lalonde.md
    lalonde.md Member ✭✭
    Thank you Tyka
    I hope we will find a solution because 12 of my 34 categories have a total different when I use "Create transaction report" or" Category Summary"
    Category Summary is always mor complete
This discussion has been closed.