Should my new Quicken Deluxe subscription be still calling itself Quicken 2017?

Name of new program.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    @T - When you upgrade Quicken does not change the name of your data file.  If you want to change the name of your data file you can do that via File > Save a copy as... and then give the copied file a new name or by closing your program, going to the file location and editing the file name there.
    I backup my year-end file every year and then create a new file name (same file, just a new name) on the 1st of each year and whenever I make a significant change in my file.  It makes it easier for me to find if I ever need to check something out or to reverse course on a significant change.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    No, the Help > About Quicken popup should show Quicken Deluxe 2020.  Did you download and install the subscription program from your Quicken.com account?  Your Quicken.com account should show that your Quicken Deluxe subscription is Active and there is a link there to download the program.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time upgrade to Q Subscription, buying the subscription product is NOT, by itself, sufficient.  You also need to download and install the product.
    IF you bought that upgrade from Q itself, your product is already activated.
    IF you bought elsewhere, you'll need to use the Activation Code that the vendor should have sent you.
    Subsequent upgrades to the subscription product happen automatically as part of your downloads of bank/card/etc transactions ... for as long as you maintain the subscription.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• T
    T Member ✭✭
    Thank you both for replying,

Here's the situation and answers to Boatnmaniac's and NotACPA's questions.
    The program was purchased on Quickens site, is installed and appears to be working properly.

The "Help/About Quicken" selection shows "Build: 27.1.26.17 with membership valid until 30 April 2021"

On "Quicken/My - Account" it shows in the "Quicken" paragraph: "Quicken Deluxe...Auto renew On...Apr 30 2021"

But, in the "Billing Summary" it shows nothing and further down the page it shows purchases only of Deluxe 2012 and 2017.

I just don't understand why it still shows "Quicken Deluxe - Quicken 2017" up in the title line. (sorry, I don't know the computereze name for that line.)

Thanks,

Tom
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    @T - When you upgrade Quicken does not change the name of your data file.  If you want to change the name of your data file you can do that via File > Save a copy as... and then give the copied file a new name or by closing your program, going to the file location and editing the file name there.
    I backup my year-end file every year and then create a new file name (same file, just a new name) on the 1st of each year and whenever I make a significant change in my file.  It makes it easier for me to find if I ever need to check something out or to reverse course on a significant change.

• T
    T Member ✭✭
    Thanks B...
    Good explanation.
    T.
This discussion has been closed.