Cannot delete bill reminder

I had a home equity loan that I used to pay automatically. I set it up in Quicken (Windows Subscription) as a bill reminder. I then paid off the home equity loan, and my account with that lender is closed. However, Quicken will not let me delete the bill reminder and enters it into my register as a future payment.

I have tried to delete it in my Bill and Income Reminders, and if I repeat this step, it says "This repeating payment is marked for deletion. Do you wish to under the deletion?" I have two choices, Undo and Cancel. I don't want to undo the deletion, so I cancel.

When I try to exit Quicken, it says "You have requests to delete repeating payment instructions. You must send the request now or Quicken will undo the deletes." I have four options: Send, Undo, Cancel, Help. If I click on Help, it pops up a Help screen that tells me to click on one of the other three buttons. (!!!)

So, I click on Send, and I see a list of transactions entered by my bank, none of which I want to delete. There's a search feature at the top, so I enter the name of the lender and it shows me the upcoming transaction. When I click on it, the three buttons below (Cancel Payment, Create Email, Update Status) are all grayed out. At the top is a button that says Update/Send ... and it says there are two instructions. So I click on that.

There are three actions, all of which are checked off:

* Pay [amount] to [lender] by 5/15/2020 from [bank account]
* Delete repeating payment of [amount] to [lender] from [bank account]
* Download latest cleared transactions and balances

I don't want to pay the bill, so I uncheck the first box. I've just downloaded transactions, so I uncheck the third box. The second action is the one I want. Leave that box checked, click the Update Now button, and ...

I get an error: "Your repeating payment instructions for [lender] could not be set up. Your financial institution couldn't find the repeating transaction selected. [OL-359-A]"

So, I can't remove it, and on May 15 it will be entered into my register. How do I get rid of this thing???

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-delete-repeating-online-payment
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tim@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow these step-by-step error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• tim@
    tim@ Member ✭✭
    I appreciate the support, but that doesn't do it. Those instructions say this:

1. Choose Tools menu >Bill and Income Reminders List and then select the Repeating Online tab.
    2. Click to select the repeating payment you want to delete.
    3. Press and hold the CTRL key and click Delete at the top of the scheduled transaction list.
    4. Quicken displays a message, "This will delete your payment instructions from Quicken. It will not send instructions to the payment center to stop making the payments. You should only use this on the advice of Quicken Technical Support." (The exact wording of this message may vary). Click OK.

However, that's not what happens. When I click Delete, it pops up a message that says "This repeating payment is marked for deletion. Do you wish to undo the deletion?"

I don't want to undo it, so I can't delete it. Please see the description in my initial post of what happens when I try to exit Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    @tim@ thank you for your response. Please, allow me to clarify the reason why I provided that article in particular. 

I did read your full post and provided you with the support article that I did because you mentioned receiving the error OL-359-A, which is the error that the steps provided are for. I just wasn't sure if you tried it with holding down CTRL on the keyboard (step 3) since you didn't mention that particular step.

I apologize for not having mentioned that in my initial response.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• tim@
    tim@ Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Anja. I assumed that was why you sent me to that particular article. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue I'm having. The frustrating thing is I'm completely stuck at this point. I can't exit Quicken since it won't delete the scheduled repeating transaction. My only option is to undo the deletion, which I don't want to do.
  • tim@
    tim@ Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Mr. Squirrel. I've tried so many combination of things, and none of them worked ... until now! That appears to have resolved the issue.

I appreciate the support!
  • tim@
    tim@ Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Anja. All set now. I should have asked the community a long time ago.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2020
    No problem, glad you got it fixed!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.