Quicken (R25.xx) opens with background logon screen - Still appears after being posted as resolved

1235»

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug that was introduced awhile ago - it is just annoying, but doesn't impact anything.... just ignore it, wait 10-20 secs, and the background screen goes away...
    And yes, we now have 4 pages of folks discovering this recent Quicken bug.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLE81342 said:  Can't even find Quicken software to install myself.
    Not sure what you mean ?
    You can start a different topic discussion for this issue....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rich L
    Rich L Member ✭✭
    No it isn't blocking use of any Features. If we are now REQUIRED to buy a subscription to their product it should at least function as well as the previous product it is replacing. Sure we can just look the other way because it isn't " blocking use of any Quicken Features" Then look the other way when something else my go wrong with Quicken... But keep paying for your subscription or else.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Rich L said:
    If we are now REQUIRED to buy a subscription to their product it should at least function as well as the previous product it is replacing.
    BTW - you have always had to purchase a "subscription" to keep using any and all of the online access and download features....
    It used to be every 3 years - now it has been changed to 1 year -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    This problem not being fixed shows a symptom/commitment to quality.  Should fix all errors whether function or display.  In this case it is an annoyance that causes delays and is doing something that may or may not be in users best interest.  You just don't know what is going on, the symptoms are similar to a virus or hack.  When I was in charge of the State of Kansas Data Center, this type of thing would be fixed immediately.    
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Divemaster said:
    > This problem not being fixed shows a symptom/commitment to quality.  Should fix all errors whether function or display.  In this case it is an annoyance that causes delays and is doing something that may or may not be in users best interest.  You just don't know what is going on, the symptoms are similar to a virus or hack.  When I was in charge of the State of Kansas Data Center, this type of thing would be fixed immediately.    

I agree. Shoddy workmanship in one place leads one to assume the same elsewhere in the product.
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    Well folks take a look at this video with Eric Dunn CEO of Quicken. Not sure whether to believe him or not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3miaLILh6nc
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Two and a half years old.....
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    How many of you having this problem with Quicken with the Quicken Welcome screen popping up in the background, Have Quicken Deluxe or is it happening with Quicken Premier also?
    Thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

We have received an update on the ticket submitted to our Product and Development teams.

They have been unable to reproduce this behavior in-house and believe the behavior may be caused by the antivirus/anti-malware software installed on the computer blocking the stored Quicken ID secure token information.

The Quicken ID secure token information is saved directly on the computer hard-drive and is what tells the Quicken servers if you have an active and valid Quicken Subscription.

Due to the length of this post, I am closing this thread for new comments and opening a new post to better assist Users who are still experiencing this behavior.

For Users who are continuing to see the Quicken ID sign-in screen appearing in the background while entering the data file password, please visit here to join the new conversation and add your information.

Thank you,

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.