H-D Visa US Bank changes

The Harley Davidson Card issued by US Bank now has its own Web site/landing page- removed from the US bank Web site. { https://creditcard.usbank.com/onlineCard/login.do?loc=8924&theme=hdv } One step update now longer functions since this change that went into effect 17 May.
Will this be added to the Simple Setup bank list soon?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to contact Q Support so that they can contact US Bank about this. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    Q/Intuit can ONLY accept instructions from the bank/card/etc about correcting this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    I di. They suggest I take it up with US bank to initiate the correction with Quicken....ironically the same bank that issues the Quicken Card.
    Not the response I was hoping for.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    What do you believe that the new URL should be?
    I followed the link in your original message and found what appears to be the H-D Visa login page FOR HUMANS.
    That's not necessarily the login page for Q.

• Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    Correct. Its the landing page for account holders which I provided to demonstrate the redirect from the former primary US Bank site.
    Point is, the capability for me to perform one-step updates has been broken with the change. I hope it to be addressed by Q and the Bank, soon.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    SAME PROBLEM
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Contacted us bank. they said when harley changed their site it was causing problems. I asked them to contact quicken and let them know about the change and problem with one step update. Contacted Quicken support ZERO HELP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    But, BUT, BUT, the link that you provided is ALSO to a usbank site.  I've highlighted the URL in your original thread to show that.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks, to me, like it's ENTIRELY a US Bank problem.  In that they changed the URL and didn't notify Q/Intuit in a timely manner so that Q/Intuit could make the corresponding change ... and now H-D Visa customers are bearing the brunt of that error.
    Q/Intuit address these types of changes in the order received ...  so your request/change goes to the back of the line ... behind those changes that WERE received in a timely manner.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    The problem is that one step update can not get into us bank to download account information. you enter id, password, it responds with your secret question. you answer the question and it responds with wrong id or additional bank papers need to be completed.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    thanks for the response, it's more like a 50/50% hd visa-us bank. us bank is some what upset with h-d Visa for the big harley card change.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
     it's more like a 50/50% hd visa-us bank.
    Harley-Davidson is NOT a bank ... therefore, by law, HD can NOT issue a credit card.
    What you've got is known as a co-branded card (I have several, such as my Kroger MasterCard which is also issued by USB).
    This credit card issue belongs SOLELY to USB.

• Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    The problem is Quickens.
    US bank and its issued cards function as a bank and as a card.
    Quicken is bookkeeping software that we are consumers of.
    The obligation is theirs to keep the consumer of their product satisfied.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    "The obligation is theirs to keep the consumer of their product satisfied."
    Per the contract between USB and Q/Intuit, USB is expected to notify Q/Intuit in a timely manner of such changes.
    USB didn't do that.
    This is NOT Quicken's fault or responsibility.
    Why aren't you castigating USB and Harley-Davidson for this?

• Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    Because my credit card works fine.
  • Gary Lemons
    Gary Lemons Member ✭✭
    Just found out that US BAnk changed to h-dvisa.com. After an hour with Quicken support we couldn't get the account to Update. When calling US Bank I was told no one thought of it not working with Quicken One Step Update. The problem is with the bank and not with Quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another post on the same topic ... which clearly points the finger at USB.
    And, your card has nothing to do with the website.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    As long quicken and us bank know there is a problem with one step update connecting, maybe it will be corrected "someday" soon.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know what quicken is displaying or what the URL is or should be. All I know is that "one step update" through US Bank (in quicken one step update) will NOT COMPLETE, nor will "add account" thru one step update COMPLETE, after the Harley visa changed (thru us bank) on the 15th. Prior to that date everything worked. I informed US bank and I informed quicken support and the community as did Paul Schubert. Whose court is the ball in now?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jeff Skelton

Thank you for the response Jeff and for providing additional details

I don't know what quicken is displaying or what the URL is or should be. 

This is why US Bank must be notified and then contact Quicken directly to report the URL change. Only US Bank can confirm with Quicken the changes that need to be made.

As you have already contacted US Bank and reported the issue, there is nothing that can be done at this time.

However, this post will be here for other users to see and they have the details and then hopefully report the issue to US Bank to get traction on the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Just got off the phone on a conference call with us bank tech. support and Julio of quicken support. Julio stated that new URL or route will have to be given to quicken to access us bank thru one step update. Both reps stated (in so many words) it's above their pay grade and the higher ups will have to correct the situation. In the mean time no one step update or when it will be corrected
  • Paul Schubert
    Paul Schubert Member ✭✭
    Jeff thanks for checking - till they correct the issue, downloading transactions is available. Better than nothing!
  • Martyn Wheeler
    Martyn Wheeler Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    They seem to be under the impression that downloading transactions is acceptable. It is not. Please everyone, do like I did and inform them that rebranding the card to turn into a backyard financial institution is going to lose them business.

(edited language)
  • Martyn Wheeler
    Martyn Wheeler Member ✭✭
    (apologies for the language, thanks for the edit)
    So, if US Bank fixes this and (as is likely) doesn't tell its customers, would this just start working again in Quicken, or are there steps we would need to take on our end to realign it with the new access link?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Martyn Wheeler

Thank you for the response and I appreciate the question.

The response may vary, if the account is still connected for transaction download it's possible that the connection would just resume.

The account may also return a different error, or require that the account be reset to continue the download.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Martyn Wheeler
    Martyn Wheeler Member ✭✭
    For what it's worth, I'm continuing to pester them:

"It's really quite simple. This is not a problem on my end. U.S. Bank needs to talk to Quicken and update them with the new URL and login procedure since the rebranding to H-D Visa. I'm still not using this card until you fix it."

I'm not expecting this to work, but you never know...
  • gjackson
    gjackson Member
    Thank you for the help, hopefully they fix it soon!!
This discussion has been closed.