Fifth Third Bank Returns OL-295 error

Options

Comments

• geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called Fifth Third yesterday and talked with a representative. She said that 5/3 is working to resolve the issue with Quicken and the work is on going. So no ET for a fix, just wait and hope. I just tried to connect a few minutes ago...nope :( still same error.
    Please Stand Bye...
  • BillJZ
    BillJZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue with 5th/3rd connecting... I haven't seen this in previous post, but I may have a new "symptom". Prior to the OL-295 error, I kept getting a invalid "InstitutionLoginID" error message. Now I get the OL-295 error. Maybe they are connected somehow? Just a thought.
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning I received an email from Quicken that I have a new Credit Monitoring Alert. When I viewed the alert on Quicken, it noted "Account Closed. It looks like you closed your Account with Fifth Third Bank." Of course, I didn't close my accounts. Just keep getting the OL-295 error when I do my daily updates in Quicken.
  • David Neufarth
    David Neufarth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Glad to report that my Quicken online activity with Fifth Third this morning is NOW working.
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not for me...Same errors
  • SRENGEL
    SRENGEL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to connect, and Quicken successfully updated with 5/3. Hoping this isn't a one off fix.
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is working for me as well.
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Responded too fast. It worked once. Now I get OL-393-A error.
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still not having any luck. All my accounts are disconnected from 5/3 in Quicken so I am trying to start from "Set up online" and it doesn't work.
  • jlison2011
    jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Downloaded one account once - then OL-393-A - Does anyone know what that means? I guess this is some sort of progress after 6 weeks of nothing??!!
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am happy to say that I was finally able to successfully connect to 5/3 and download the transactions from all four of my accounts. I am not getting to excited though because this happened on 4/29 too, but the next day the error was back. Hope is sticks this time. I received the OL-393-A error at the end of the download too, but at least all of the transactions downloaded. Looks like progress is happening at last. :)
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same scenario. I had deactivated all four of my accounts while attempting to resolve the downloading issue. So I had to start from scratch and re-setup all of my accounts and link them to the corresponding Quicken accounts. But I was able to get them reset and downloading again. Give it another try. I did receive the OL-393-A error at the end of the download, but at least the accounts did download this time. Good luck and let us know if you get it resolved on your end.

• Allen Craigmyle
    Allen Craigmyle Member ✭✭
    Options
    So now that this is working, can you also setup and use the quicken app/mobile web to view your transactions?
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of this morning, I no longer received the error message OL-295-A for Fifth Third Bank. However, it did not download transactions that occurred on May 15th. I still had to manually export them from Fifth Third's website.
  • nileswaring
    nileswaring Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just tried and it worked for me also
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally got it to work but had to start from 100% scratch
    Created new Quicken file and added back all my accounts
    I too get the error but it does download the transactions
    What a mess
  • M William
    M William Member ✭✭
    Options
    On May 16, 2020 my Fifth Third accounts finally updated for the first time since March 25! The accounts also connected today. YAY!
    Hopefully everyone else with this problem has had success.
    Thank you Quicken Team!
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    My savings account updated a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, all the manual entries that i entered over the last 6 weeks or so were duplicated. I fixed that, but I haven't been able to connect again. I'm getting the OL-393-A error.
    The Quicken help desk had me try to reset the log in info for my checking account, and I am still not able to set up the log in info. I've probably tried 50 times.
    It seems like I've gotten a new hobby to pass the time, trying to get Quicken to log into my bank.
  • BillJZ
    BillJZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Finally worked as before... our great national emergency is finally over (for some I assume)! I guess Quicken is doing this state-by-state...
  • Steve Heitmeier
    Steve Heitmeier Member ✭✭
    Options
    nope.
  • jlison2011
    jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Fifth Third accounts appear to be at least partially updating. I'm still getting the OL-393-A error listing and for some reason Fifth Third doesn't show up in the drop down for updates but does appear in the account list when I hit update now. 
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    not working for me
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I suggest creating a brand new Quicken file. It's the only way I could get it to work for me. Sux to have to do that, but I'm back up and running
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of this morning, all my Fifth Third accounts successfully downloaded transactions into Quicken!
  • Allen Craigmyle
    Allen Craigmyle Member ✭✭
    Options
    So now that downloads are working, can anyone confirm if they are able to use the quicken app/mobile web portion to view your transactions?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm glad to hear that connections are now successfully working for many Users, however, no fix has been implemented by either the financial institution or Quicken so our Teams are still investigating this matter to fully understand this error and prevent issues like this from happening again.

For Users who are successfully connecting with Fifth Third Bank and downloading new transactions, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem once more.

In the window that opens, please enter "Fifth Third Success" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following files and click Send to Quicken when ready.

Log Files to Select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)

Once sent, please reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the reports from the system and forward the logs to the teams investigating the error.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • BillJZ
    BillJZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sarah: I sent the files as requested
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BillJZ said:
    Sarah: I sent the files as requested
    Thanks so much!!  I've received the report and forwarded on the logs for further review :)

Sarah
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah
    My transactions have been successfully downloading for the past few days. I do receive an OL-393-A error each time I initiate the One-Step update though. At least all of my transactions are downloading now. I did as you requested and sent the report with included files. Thank you.
    It's a little disconcerting that "no fix has been implemented by either the financial institution or Quicken" but transactions are now downloading again.

This discussion has been closed.