Changing BillPay account

Options
I am upgrading quicken 2007 on Mac to Quicken Premier for 69.99/yr with Billpay included.
I already pay for a Quicken BillPay account and have for years.

After I install the new quicken, how do I stop payment on existing BillPay account and roll old history into my new account. I do not want to continue paying for BillPay since it is included with new software.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Branderman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concern.

To make this change you will need to cancel your existing Quicken Bill Pay account. Please, review this support article on how to do so.

Also, with the new program having Bill Pay included, I want you to be aware that Quicken Bill Pay is also being transitioned to Bill Manager. For more information on Bill Manager please review this support article.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Branderman  In addition to the links Anja provided above, just be aware of the two possible significant limitations with the new Quicken Bill Manager (a.k.a. Quick Pay and Check Pay) services:
    1. You currently cannot schedule your payments for a future date; you can only initiate payments on the day you want the bills paid. Quicken says they are working on building out the functionality to support scheduled payments in the "near future," but has not given any indication when that functionality will become available.
    2. You are limited to 12 electronic payments using Quick Pay and to 6 check payments using Check Pay each month. Quicken says this meets the needs of most users, but if you have previously used more with the old Quicken Bill Pay, there is currently no way to do more, even for an additional fee. Quicken says they are considering whether to add functionality to purchase more monthly payments but has not committee to doing so. 
    Neither of these may be hindrances to you, and #1 will hopefully be rectified in the next few months, but anyone making this transition should be aware of these issues which are not at the forefront of Quicken's marketing of the new bill payment services.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Danbob
    Danbob Member
    Options
    Just so I am crystal clear on bill payment, When I port my existing 119.00 per month value quicken billpay over to the new and improved version, I can no longer schedule monthly reoccurring payments to payees? so, I actually lose functionality and I literally have to initiate each payment to each payee? every month?!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Danbob Yes, for now. Quicken has stated scheduled bill payments is coming. We don't know exactly how soon, but it's likely within a few months. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • skurtzman
    skurtzman Member
    Options
    This is an enormous step backwards. There is so little functionality and it is totally confusing. What does "entered " mean? Why would you use "quick pay" do the bills get paid automatically or do you have to do somehting. This is perhaps the worst roll out of a new service that I have ever seen. Quicken should be ashamed of themselves.
This discussion has been closed.