Cannot use Portfolio Performance, X-Ray, or Allocation features in Quicken subscription

I've used Quicken for a couple of decades and liked the options to review my portfolio with the Performance, X-Ray, and Allocation views. Now I can access only the Portfolio list of assets view. If I try to use any of the other views, Quicken crashes. Any suggestions?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for that info ... and if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• HugoHobbes1
    HugoHobbes1 Member
    Got the following:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R26.23
    Build: 27.1.26.23
    Valid thru: Nov 24, 2020
  • HugoHobbes1
    HugoHobbes1 Member
    Forgot to add product: Quicken for Windows, subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need specific product.  "Starter Edition", Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business.

• HugoHobbes1
    HugoHobbes1 Member
    Premier edition
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest running a file validate to rule out any data corruption. If that does not resolve the crashing issue, reinstall using the mondo patch.

• HugoHobbes1
    HugoHobbes1 Member
    Have looked online, not able to find out how to run a file validate. Does a reinstall risk losing my data?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.  Be sure to check "Validate File" before you click OK.
    No, you don't risk losing data ... but you can always take a backup beforehand just in case.

• HugoHobbes1
    HugoHobbes1 Member
    No Luck. I hit "Validate File" ran "file Validate and Repair". It took a long time then the green progress bar stopped and would go no further when "validating stock splits".
    I then downloaded the Mondo patch and got Error Message: Patch Error: Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load.
    Followed instructions to create a new administrator on Windows.
    Signed in as new Administrator and downloaded the patch. It would not give me the Save As option, only the Open option; so I went to downloads and found a download, but not QWCA##.#.#.#MPatch. I opened the one there and all it would do is download the latest update, which I already have. In the new Adminstator window, Quicken wanted me to start from scratch like a new Quicken user, which was of no use to me.
    Went back to my original administrator window and opened Quicken, but the problem remained the same.
    Looks like I'm going to have to live without the Investment analysis part of Quicken, which is a big feature for me.
    Thanks for your help
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    so I went to downloads and found a download, but not QWCA##.#.#.#MPatch. I

QWCA*  is a patch for Quicken Windows Canadian.  Are you using Quicken Windows Canadian?

If so that would explain why you don't have X-Ray or the the Allocation view.  These are both US only features.

If you are using the US version then you should be downloading the patch for the US version.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/