Can QuickFill apply to existing transactions?

Options
Under the Payees & Rules menu, I've been trying for hours to get QuickFill Rules to apply to existing transactions. Have tried without success to get my most common transactions assigned to the "Food, Etc." category (Safeway, Trader Joe's, etc.) but no matter what I do they always stay assigned to the default "uncategorized" category. That means I have to manually go through and set the category of almost every transaction.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ideo
    ideo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Anja, for the detailed answer, much appreciated. After a certain amount of hair-pulling, I had discovered your method on my own and it has been working ok. But since Quicken allows you to change the names of Payees, including existing transactions, it seems there should be a way to also change the category of existing transactions with Quickfill Rules. Maybe an option that asks, "Apply to existing transactions?" It is disappointing that is not available. Maybe in future updates?

But thank you for your answer.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    I definitely understand where you are coming from.

The QuickFill Rules feature itself is fairly new and also still being worked on for future improvements. So, it is hard to say what will or will not be added to it with future updates.

Although, it is unfortunate that the feature is currently non-existent. What I can suggest to you is to create an idea post here on the Community. This will allow you to request the feature to be added, and allow other users that are in agreement with you to vote on your idea.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.