Unable to Reconcile after quicken membership expired

Options
I understand that with membership expiration I cannot download the transactions but I should be able to manually enter transactions and reconcile the accounts. Several of my accounts that were initially setup for online download and reconciliation using online balance are no longer able to be converted to manual reconciliation using paper statement. As a result I am no longer able to reconcile my accounts. I don't get pop up window that allows you to select Reconcile to paper statement. I even tried manually marking the transactions as cleared and then attempted reconcile option. I get an error saying "There are no uncleared items to reconcile".

Any help so that I am able to enable reconcile using paper statement balance will be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @cruzneel,

Yes, when you let your Quicken subscription membership expire - you lost access to the "Online services" tab AND you were previously reconciling your accounts "to an online balance".  I know this is too little too late, but if you had switched that option to "off" (before your subscription expired) you would be able to manually reconcile your bank accounts now.

All that being said, my suggestion for you is to contact customer services at the link below and ask them to temporarily activate your subscription, while assisting you, long enough to make the change, then re-cancel the subscription afterward.  Furthermore, I believe that if you were to renew your subscription now, you may have 30 days to cancel the renewal (because you allowed it t lapse and therefore would be considered a new customer) but I can't vouch for this not knowing the specific facts of your situation.

Here's the link:  Support Link:  https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would disable the internet connection and then deactivate online access for the problem accounts.

I did this with 2017 after the April 30 cutoff date and was able to successfully deactivate the online access. 

Hopefully this will enable you to change the reconciliation method. As always, when trying something in Quicken you have not done before, it is prudent to create a backup before trying the new procedure. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mshiggins can't be done.  In Quicken Subscription with an expired subscription they remove the Online Service tab completely, which is exactly where you would deactivate the account for downloading and of course change the reconcile to online balance setting.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you create a new register, move all the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any impacted memorized payees and reminders, delete the original register, and, if desired, rename the new register.

Before making any significant changes, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts

This discussion has been closed.