How do I get the account register back?

I upgraded to the ransomware version and my HILOC register turned into a graph only. I guess Quicken decided I wasn't handling it right. So now I am locked out of my transactions. When I look at View Payment Schedule I see a whole lot of payments now split between Principle, Interest, and Adjustment. There were no adjustments! Quicken is always forcing some extra lines into a loan payment. So I can keep it correct if I can get my register back. Yes the account was set up properly with loan amt, interest. But Quicken can't handle compounding daily.
How do I get the register back?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you open a loan Account the default presentation is a graph and you get to the transaction register by clicking on the link "View payment details" that's right under the pie graph.  Is that the issue? 
    It sounds like when you set up the Account you did set it up as a "Loan" and not a home equity loan ("HELOC") and that really shouldn't work very well with a HELOC since a HEILOC doesn't work as a "normal" amortizing loan, it's much more akin to a credit card.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Scott Stewart" ,

The Payment Details of the Manual Loan Setup, is where you see the Register.

There is no Register for Online Services Loan.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Scott Stewart
    Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
    Thanks to both of you for answering. But as I said in my op, this account was fine for over a year and when I upgraded, Quicken took it upon itself to take away my register and keep me from accessing the payment details, which I have done for over a year. And which I have kept clean and balanced for over a year. All I want is to get the register back. I know what kind of a loan it is. I know how the interest is calculated. I know everything I want to know about the loan. I want the register the way it was.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your statement is true ... then you have a corrupted Q data file.
    Because Q doesn't convert a proper HELOC account into a loan type account and a HELOC DOES have an account register and a Loan type account can be downloadable (where you DON"T have a register) or not (where you DO have a register).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Scott Stewart
    Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
    I guess I have not made myself clear. When Quicken upgraded, it changed the account in question. I had full control of payment entries, splits between principle and interest, and I could review payments a far back as origination. I also had the payment in my reminders in the correct amount. When I opened that account from the left account list I saw a register with the payment details. Two lines for each transaction, amounts, dates, balance, etc. That is what I call a register. Where you would register each transaction. Now, when I click on that account on the left account list, I get a graph that shows when the loan will be paid off, under loan details. When I click on payment details (as I would in my checking account) I get part of the previous screen with a chart showing the incorrect payment amount split into principle and interest, and the buttons to edit the payment details and View Payment Schedule. When I "View Payment Schedule" I get a dialog box showing previous payments and those to come. All are incorrect with an added Adj. on each payment.

What I want is the screen with the payments I have already made showing up just as it did before the update.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When Quicken upgraded, it changed the account in question. I had full control of payment entries, splits between principle and interest, and I could review payments a far back as origination."
    HOW had you set that loan up in the 2017 product?  I'd think it would be one of the Loans & Debt choices of:Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), or Other Liability. 
    As far as I can remember, loans set up with the Quicken loan wizard have looked like what you're currently seeing for many years.  I'd expect a loan set up in the 2017 product would look the same as a loan set up in the subscription product. 
    If you originally used the HELOC or Other Liability selection in the 2017 product then it's clearly now a "Loan" Account in the subscription product.
    If this is the case then you might try uninstalling the subscription version using QcleanUI
    reinstalling the 2017 version using the mondo patch
    and then validating the last 2017 data file, and then trying the upgrading to the subscription product.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to both of you for answering. But as I said in my op, this account was fine for over a year and when I upgraded, Quicken took it upon itself to take away my register and keep me from accessing the payment details, which I have done for over a year. And which I have kept clean and balanced for over a year. All I want is to get the register back. I know what kind of a loan it is. I know how the interest is calculated. I know everything I want to know about the loan. I want the register the way it was.

I upgraded to the ransomware version and my HILOC register turned into a graph only. I guess Quicken decided I wasn't handling it right. So now I am locked out of my transactions. When I look at View Payment Schedule I see a whole lot of payments now split between Principle, Interest, and Adjustment. There were no adjustments! Quicken is always forcing some extra lines into a loan payment. So I can keep it correct if I can get my register back. Yes the account was set up properly with loan amt, interest. But Quicken can't handle compounding daily.
    How do I get the register back?
    Hi @""Scott Stewart" ,

In your original post, you haven't detailed any Quicken information, so anyone can solve correctly.

Have you tried to restore your last Manual Backup file?

Oh, and you are talking about the Split information that gets posted to your transactions. This has been corrected in the Quicken Subscription program, because I know about this as well.

Your Home Equity Line of Credit  Register, should have been set up, for Manual Data Entry as oppose to Online.

Have you clicked on Payment Details?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.