My Portfolio report is missing. How do I recover without losing recent transactions?

I have used this report for nearly 20 years to track investments and today when i try to open it, I get a dialogue box to create a new report. How do I get the original report back without losing recent transaction entries?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Howard Prior,

Can you tell us which versions and builds of both Quicken & Windows you are using?

In Quicken - go to "Help" > then "About Quicken"

In Windows - type "system info" in the Search box > the click on the "system Information" icon

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And did you upgrade from an older version of Quicken since the last time you ran the report successfully?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken is 2020, R27.24, Build 27.1.27.24
    Windows is 10.0.18362, build 18362
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you perhaps running the Starter edition of Quicken? That does not include investing reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • No, I am using Quicken Premier. Have been using it for over 20 years and always had this report. It had worked recently, and now it just disappeared.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not following why you think transactions would be lost if you just created a new report.  Regardless, have you tried to restore a backup to see if that helps?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• I expect to lose transactions, IF i do a restore from older backup. I did do a restore from an older backup and had the same problem which leads me to believe that it might be a program glitch not a corrupted file issue.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Creating a new report didn't help?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• I have not tried that, but I will. I guess i'm just not very confident that I will have all the historical data that I once had.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @Howard Prior  Can  we please clarify something?
    Are you talking about a Report (accessed via the Reports menu and then clicking Investing (or, perhaps, clicking "My Saved Reports and Graphs")?
    OR, are you talking about the "Portfolio View", accessed via the Investing Menu and then clicking on Portfolio (OR, it's CTRL-U  shortcut).
    Because if you're talking about the Report ... transactions are NOT stored in the report ...  they're stored in your various investment accounts and the report merely pulls info from those accounts.
    AND, the Portfolio View, likewise,  merely pulls  from the Investment accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• what I lost was a "saved report", but what I appear to get now when clicking on my "Portfolio" Icon is a redirect to Investing menu. The saved transactions I was worried about losing are in other accounts like bank statements and credit cards, should I have to do a restore. I have opened all the "portfolio" reports in my saved report lists and none of them match the report I had used for years.
This discussion has been closed.