Is there a way to turn off the dialog box - Your account may be out of date ? (4 Merged Votes)

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Display/UI
I enter my data manually from bank OFX statement when I finish I get a popup says your account may be out of date, do you want to - and gives 2 options. I always reconcile manually, can this box be turned off not to popu after an account data entry?
15 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @questionsforever,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue and providing the information you have given so far. Although, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- Could you please provide what version release of Quicken you are using?
    Help > About Quicken

Also, to better assist you-- would you be able to take and provide a screenshot of the message you receive? If for any reason the screenshot will not allow you to attach it to your response, you should be able to drag and drop the image to your response instead, which will then create a link for me to click on so I can view it within my web browser.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can jump in here. I agree with @questionsforever that this is an annoying dialog. I always reconcile my online accounts against paper statements, and I wish there were a "Don't ask me this again" check box in this dialog. The paper statements are generally a week out of date, and there is absolutely no need to download newer transactions prior to reconciling.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the box. I couldn't view it again since I have nothing to reconcile until next month. In last year's Quicken I don't believe seeing this every time, so it's something new. The do not ask again box is a good idea. Hope the developers are listening. Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the box. I couldn't view it again since I have nothing to reconcile until next month. In last year's Quicken I don't believe seeing this every time, so it's something new. The do not ask again box is a good idea. Hope the developers are listening. Thanks.

If see this dialog or not depends on when you last updated.  Basically it is saying you haven't updated today so things might have changed and therefore your reconcile might not have all the transactions you need to balance.

Note that you can get this even if you updated 1 minute ago.
    How?

Say you update and it finishes at 11:59:30 PM.  One minute later you go to reconcile.  You are now in the next day, and by this criteria your update happened "yesterday".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    Yes, it's true you can get this the next day after an update.
    I also don't believe it's new. It's been annoying me for years.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    This thread has been turned into an Idea. Please go to the first post in the thread and vote!

• mstv01
    mstv01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    To add to this, it doesn't even matter if it's the next day, with this reminder. I update when the program starts. It pops up on mine if I don't update between accounts being reconciled! It is bar none one of the most annoying aspects of doing reconciling. It not only needs a check box, it needs a place in Account Actions to turn off completely. Please put this in with the next program update and an announcement that you've done it. Your clients will bless and Thank You!
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with the pop up dialogue. When I do the one step update and click on the accounts that were updated at Fifth Third, the online balance it shows doesn't match the real on line balance.
  • El Hilliard
    El Hilliard Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken, Please allow us to turn off this warning message. I never ever ever want to see it. I can manage my updates & reconciliations perfectly well without this completely unnecessary reminder.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi All,

If Quicken does do a programming change, giving you the option to turn off this warning, it will only apply to current subscribers, not to versions of Quicken, that aren't up to date.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• El Hilliard
    El Hilliard Member ✭✭
    Options
    The warning that 'Your data may be out of date' when I want to reconcile should be a message that I can turn off. It is annoying and unnecessary.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This message only appears for accounts activated for One Step Update (OSU).
    You can circumvent it by running OSU and accepting all downloaded transactions immediately prior to Reconcile.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    This message only appears for accounts activated for One Step Update (OSU).
    You can circumvent it by running OSU and accepting all downloaded transactions immediately prior to Reconcile.
    In reality you don't even have to accept the transactions, just running One Step Update will do it.  But in fact for some people's workflow this isn't a "requirement" and as such I do believe that there should be a "Do not show this again" checkbox for this.

Note that if you did One Step Update a minute before midnight, and then went to reconcile you would get this prompt.  The user normally knows if they have done One Step Update for the period of time they are reconciling, and don't necessarily have to run it just before reconciling.  And what is the worse that happens if they should have run One Step Update?  The reconcile fails because they are missing transactions, and once they realize that they would of course run One Step Update.

I know that this has been suggested in the past, but I don't see it now, maybe not enough votes and it got archived.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Amarilloj
    Amarilloj Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    :) :/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    Bump.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

• Marianna
    Options

I agree, very annoying. I see it all the time when I've just run a one step update (not 1 minute before midnight). Now I realize, thanks
    mstv01 that it's because I'm reconciling multiple accounts after running update. The message is incorrect in this instance.