Quicken Premier claims my oru.com account is locked but it is not

When I try to set my Rockland Electric Company (oru.com) up in Bill Manager the quicken software returns a message that my account is locked. However, I can log onto their oru.com site with my current credentials and access my bill successfully. The current login address is https://www.oru.com/en/login. Rockland support asked me to confirm that this address is being used and not an older web address. Can someone please verify this for me. Rockland appears to be in the Quicken Bill Manager database.

Comments

• Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Rockland states my account profile is not locked and their records do not reflect any recent failed attempts to log in
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your online biller profile with Rockland and the message returned is that the username needs to be updated on the biller's website.

Have you made any changes to the account recently that would warrant a username change?

There are 2 Rockland instances in the biller list there is "Rockland Electric Company" and "Orange & Rockland" these both have the same URL www.oru.com.

Have there been any changes to the website recently?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response Tyka. No, I have not made any changes on the oru.com website. It appears to work ok with quicken Bill Pay, but fails to logon with the Bill Manager software. I have a half dozen billers set up correctly with Bill Manager, but I am having problems with at least 3 accounts. I chose Rockland Electric Company to work with first. I'm not sure which instance I originally set my account up with, probably Orange and Rockland. I'll see what I can find out about the 2 instances. Since I can only log onto oru.com, I would not expect any issues.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I have sent your info to ORU.com
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    ORU states that there are 2 instances of accounts at our.com. One is Westchester Electric Company and the other is Rockland Electric. Could there be any issues regarding that. The our.com site is coming back and stating the message from ORU website is "I need to change my username." Do you have any idea what is causing that?

My original post was:

When I try to set my Rockland Electric Company (oru.com) up in Bill Manager the quicken software returns a message that my account is locked. However, I can log onto their oru.com site with my current credentials and access my bill successfully. The current login address is https://www.oru.com/en/login. Rockland support asked me to confirm that this address is being used and not an older web address. Can someone please verify this for me. Rockland appears to be in the Quicken Bill Manager database.

Response from Orange and Rockland:

Thank you for your reply. Your account profile is not locked and our records do not reflect any recent failed attempts to log in. Have you verified with Quicken that they are attempting to log in at the link below with your email address and password? I am concerned that perhaps they are attempting to log in to an old site that is no longer in use.

The current log in address is:

https://www.oru.com/en/login

Can you please help me with this issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for confirming that the account is not locked. The username needing to be updated would typically indicate some sort of change to the biller website.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue as you are able to successfully sign in. I have also reported the URL however I do not believe this to be the issue as the website used by Quicken is www.oru.com.

Also, if this is due to a URL change, the biller would need to report this change to Quicken for correction.

I would try to update once again in 48 hours and see if you are able to connect.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem with 3 entities. oru.com (biller), Genworth Ins. (biller) and Visions Federal Credit Union (not a biller-investment). I've copied the error message and I hope I can paste it here. The error message is in image.png attached to this message. I have been working on all of my accounts for the last 3 weeks and the response for these 3 entities is consistently stated as locked account. This must be a general "catch-all" error code for a variety of situations that fail in your software. I tried Genworth, ORU, and Visions again this morning with the same failure.
    I am getting concerned that I will not have these accounts setup by the end of the month.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for the response and for providing the names of the additional billers you are encountering trouble with.

The oru.com biller has already been reported. As it is Sunday and support is closed, there is no update available on the status of this biller.

The Genworth biller and the Visions Federal Credit Union states that it is locked and requires a one-time code to verify the account. Do you recall ever receiving a code and place to enter a code when connecting this biller?

If not, can you please try to remove these billers and re-add it once more to confirm if you receive an option to enter a code?

If you do not receive a place to enter a code, I can report these after I receive confirmation.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry it took ma so long to respond. Even if I don't check the Quicken Community site daily, I am still working on my quicken software daily to try and resolve the problems

I can successfully log on to both Genworth and Visions without any problems. I have not changed or forgotten the passwords recently so I have not received any verification codes. As I mentioned earlier, Visions Federal Credit Union for me is not a biller, it is a savings account so there are no "bills" per se. I may have to change that account to "Check Pay" since I am not being billed. I send Visions a check monthly currently using Quicken Bill Pay. However, Genworth is a quarterly bill for life insurance and the account is in good order where I can log on and check for messages without problems (I think the logon is at Genworth.com). Same for Westchester Electric Company at oru.com. I can log onto the oru.com site for my account with no problems and there are no messages about being locked out or anything.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I will check back here daily so we can rersolve this issue before Bill Pay goes away at the end of the month.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for the response, I have gone ahead and reviewed the online billers.

The Orange & Rockland is still being investigated, there has not been an updated as of yet.

The Genworth bill, shows that the sync has been successful, are you still seeing any issues with this bill in Quicken?

The Visions Federal Credit Union still shows locked due to missing information, however, as this is a savings account and is not ever presented with a bill, I do believe there is anything to resolve with this biller to get it working. Moving forward using Check Pay to pay this account sounds like a good solution.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I paid the "Genworth Life" through Quicken Bill Pay. When I try to add Genworth to Bill Manager, it comes up with the name "Genworth Financial Insurance Company" or something very similar. When I have it entered in Bill Manager (it is not entered right now, but I will enter it again as soon as I finish this message) it comes up with the account is locked message. I will enter it now and send a follow-up post ASAP. Genworth is a quarterly bill so I hope I can enter it this early.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Whoops, I did enter Genworth again after using Bill Pay to pay the August bill. I will probably have to wait until the next bill is due in November to see if it is working okay. Genworth comes up as "Genworth Financial Life Insurance" when I enter it in Bill Manager.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I was away for the last 4 days, but when I returned, the first thing I tried was to link oru.com and it failed like it has since July when I first tried to setup Westchester Electric Service.
    Tyka, any progress made on this?
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    We are 12 days away from the end of Quicken Bill Pay and I have 4 accounts that do not link.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for the response and the screenshot of the additional details.

I have not received any additional details or response regarding the ORU bill.

At this time, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the tools to review and research this issue fully to provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to clear up the problem with oru.com by changing my username and password. Genworth does not appear to have options for changing username or password. I have a call into Genworth for help. I communicated with Quicken support on Sunday night and they requested I go back to the site during business hours for more support. I will do that shortly.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    My oru.com account was straightened out by changing the username and password. My Genworth.com account straightened itself out. I only have my Chase account(s) that needs attention. I've got 3 Chase Accounts with different account numbers for 3 awards programs. I currently have one Chase entry in Quicken Bill Manager with a grey Chase icon and 3 Chase entries with individual account numbers with blue Quicken icons for the 3 Chase accounts. What Quicken/Chase entries do I need to download transactions and what do I need to send payments?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard174

Thank you for the response although I apologize for the delay.

May I ask that you please include a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

When I review the online biller profile I show that Chase is successfully syncing and do not see any errors.

I am also unsure of what you are meaning by the following, I apologize.

What Quicken/Chase entries do I need to download transactions and what do I need to send payments?
    Are you referring to what passwords to use possibly?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding Tyka. I have all three Chase Accounts coming up for payment within the first 10 days of September. Let me work on those and see if I can get the accounts downloading and pay them properly. If I still have issues after paying these accounts we can work on it further. I'm getting closer to understanding the process for Bill Manager.
  • Richard174
    Richard174 Member ✭✭✭
    It appears that I am able to use the new Bill Manager with my Wells Fargo Bill Pay. My 3 Chase Visa accounts are coming up and syncing individually so I need to keep all 3 distinct chase entries in Bill Manager where Quicken Bill Pay required only one entry in it's download instructions to download all 3 accounts. I simply click Pay when I want to pay that account. Just to make sure that I was not missing any bill for payment, I made up a list of accounts in sequential order by date to compare with what Bill Manager was giving me. I still do not know why some of the accounts would not sync originally or why some required multiple tries at syncing, but everything seems to be working OK. It appears that I will not have to give up on Quicken software.
This discussion has been closed.