After upgrading to QMac Version 5.17.1 - closed accounts are syncing to mobile

bobsully
bobsully Member ✭✭✭
After upgrading toVersion 5.17.1 MAC closed accounts are syncing to mobile with 0 balances.  Is there any way to exclude them from being part of the mobile sync?  This issue started immediately after the update and files were marked as closed.

Comments

• bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    On closer inspection is appears these are Closed investment accounts, and in reading it does not appear that Quicken allows adding or removing investments accounts from their Mobile Sync.   I'm not sure why this was not an issue before the upgrade.  
  • CyborgOne
    CyborgOne Member ✭✭✭
    This affects not only investment accounts, but also other types - such as refinanced mortgages, closed credit card accounts, etc. It really seems that if we have this new "Closed" status for accounts - which explicitly means they have a zero balance, have no open positions, and are no longer downloading transactions - that they should also no longer sync to mobile.

I'm guessing this is simply an oversight on the part of the development team. Can we get a response from the Quicken team as to when this might be fixed in a future update?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bobsully,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start-- On your iMac, please open your Quicken program and go to Quicken > Preferences at the top-left of your screen next to the apple sign.

Then, go to Mobile, Sync & Alerts, and click on the Accounts tab. Once, you're there, check and see if you see the closed accounts in the list and whether or not they are checked (see screenshot below).

If so-- sign out of your mobile app, uncheck the box, click update, and once the update has completed sign back in to the mobile app to see if it removed them from the mobile app.

If not-- check back, so we can look further into this issue.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    I had previously followed those steps, but did so again, and find the closed accounts which are Investment accounts are not listed.  I went ahead and signed out of the mobile app and then back in, and the closed accounts still show up under Investing. 
  • bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    This issue has not been resolved and although the moderator to me to check-back.  So I contacted support.  Eventually we found the the update somehow included these accounts in the mobile sync prior to my closing them.  I had to meet my data set, reopen the accounts. remove them from the sync preferences, update, and then close them again.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited July 2020
    @bobsully, I apologize. Since the issue doesn't seem to be related to any sync issues, I am looking further into this, though I don't have an ETA on this, I will get back to you when I find out more.

Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    I corrected the issue by contacting Support after you did not to follow up.  It seems to be a bug through the update process.  
  • gpalermo
    gpalermo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Just had the same issue show up on my mobile account, it been a little while since I last sync my desktop to the mobile after I did the recent update when they add the feature of showing the hidden account in the side bar. I have a bunch of closed and zero account now showing in the mobile app, I when in to the preference and made sure they were not selected and they are not. Some of the hidden accounts that are showing up in the mobile app do not even show up in the Preference/Mobile/Account list.

So it is a bug that is for sure.

I did find if you reopen the the closed account that is showing on the mobile app, and then go to the Preference/Mobile/Account list the offend account now show up in the list and it has a check mark next to the account to sync, you can uncheck it. Tried to resync and quicken cloud was down for maintenance so could not check to see if it is work around for this problem.
  • gpalermo
    gpalermo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I have confirm there is a workaround for this problem.

The closed/hidden account that are showing up in the mobile app has to be reopen than go to the Preference/Mobile/Accounts and the the reopen account will now show up in the list and the box will be checked to be sync with the Mobile app. Uncheck the account(s) and resync the account list with the Mobile app and they should now be gone. Once this is done you can close the account again.
  • gpalermo
    gpalermo Member ✭✭
    Sorry, spoke too soon, not a work around, once you reclose the accounts and the next time you mobile sync the account all account were previous removed come back in the mobile app, if you reopen those same account they again show up in the Preference/Mobile/Account and their sync box is checked. It seems the only way to keep them from showing up in your mobile account is to just leave those accounts open.

Quicken screwed this up with the latest update when they added the feature to divide the Separate accounts on the side bar.
  • CyborgOne
    CyborgOne Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed: There does not appear to be a workaround, unfortunately (thx anyway, @gpalermo ). The behavior that @bobsully described, appears to be a significant regression, and one which is causing a significant amount of headache for a number of users.

Can @Quicken Anja or someone else from the support team respond with details on the recognition of this issue, and possible plans for a resolution?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue and bringing it to our attention.

I attempted to replicate the issue and unfortunately, wasn't able to do so. I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps. Then, follow the steps below to remove the cloud account from your main data file.
    1. On your desktop program - navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync Off
    4. Close Preferences
    5. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    6. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    7. Preferences
    8. Connected Services
    9. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    10. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    11. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    12. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    13. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    14. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    15. Preferences
    16. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync back on
    17. On the same screen; click on the Accounts tab and select/deselect your desired accounts
    18. Click on Update in the bottom-right corner to initiate a new cloud sync
    Once the sync completes, sign back in on your Mobile and/or Web app(s) to check and see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.