How to reconcile prior statements in MAC 2020?

jpj#6596
jpj#6596 Member
I have an issue with one account that won't reconcile and i keep having to make adjustments. I don't like this and want to reconcile the account again prior the the adjustments. The old system would let you see all the statements for that account, I cannot see the prior statements. Ideas????

Best Answer

Answers

• bluexena
    bluexena Member ✭✭
    Agree with John_in_NC and jpj#6596.

My issue:
    20 plus years of quicken data. Mac version. A few months ago upgraded from Quicken 2007 Mac to Quicken Deluxe 2020 Mac.
    Lots of nice new things but some real useful things missing and the feature to reconcile previous statements/periods is one of them. This feature is so useful for a variety of reasons. One in particular is when you have transfers between accounts and you have fix the other side.

I wish I knew this feature was missing. I assumed it was still there and tried to do it using the standard Reconcile to Statement feature for a past period. Boy did I screw up my Checking account!
    Now I have to dig back and see where I made the change and try to correct it as John described!
  • bluexena
    bluexena Member ✭✭
    sorry about the "dislikes"! accidentally clicks!
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    bluexena said:
    sorry about the "dislikes"! accidentally clicks!
    Don't worry about it.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Track/store Prior Reconciled Statements/periods.

First
    , click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
    (If the triangle is black, your vote has already been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't think there's any point in voting for this feature, because the Quicken Mac development team has stated it is under development. In fact, some under-the-hood piece of this feature was rolled out in the 5.16, although it's not a piece visible to users yet. Here's what one of the developers told a fellow user, as posted higher in this thread:

"We're working on the Prior Statement reconcile feature." Period. No equivocation. No timeframe, either, but it seems clear it's in the works. "We added the ability to record reconcile sessions in our 5.16 release… so it has only recorded reconcile sessions starting from May of this year."  So there's the confirmation that since 5.16 came out, Quicken has been recording the state of reconciliations. We can't see it, because the user interface and functionality for re-visiting previously reconciled periods hasn't been released yet. It seems logical to expect we'll see this sometime later this year.

But here's the caveat for longtime users about what will and won't be possible when this feature is released: "Unfortunately, there is no way we can resurrect previous reconcile history prior to that date because the information just doesn't exist. Also, we aren't currently planning on adding new Quicken 2007 import functionality because the number of people importing 2007 files is low."

So anyone hoping for help with past periods is hoping in vain. It makes sense; if Quicken Mac 2015 up until version 5.16 this year didn't store any information about reconciliations, there's no way to "bring back" such non-existent data. (That data does exist for users yet to convert from Quicken 2007, but they've decided there are too few of them to be worth the development time and effort to try to migrate that data.)

Bottom line: if your reconciliations are currently messed up, no help is coming; you will have to re-reconcile as best you can, using one of the approaches outlined by @John_in_NC above. In the future, it will be possible to go back in time to visit prior reconciliations -- but only from about May 2020 forward. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW the current status is still "Under Consideration". I guess that needs updating then.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    smayer97 said:
    BTW the current status is still "Under Consideration". I guess that needs updating then.
    Those "Status" labels have proven to be not terribly useful. Some items have been "Under Consideration" for more than 18 months. Some items with a status that was still "New" have been implemented, skipping over "Under Consideration" and "Planned". I don't believe there's a great pipeline of information flow between the development team and the moderators who update this site. We only know that the past reconciliation feature is in development because one of the members of the development team shared it with a user who posted there interaction here. But yes, from what we know, this Idea should be tagged "Planned" rather than "Under Consideration".
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.