Why is Quicken changing the sort I have set in my Registers?

Answers

• Oregondoug
    Oregondoug Member ✭✭
    I rolled mine back to R27.42 and all seems to be as it should be, so far.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Following as this is an issue for me as well.
    So out of curiosity, what bank are you downloading your transactions? I use Chase. Just looking for a common denominator. 
  • Oregondoug
    Oregondoug Member ✭✭
    I use three different local credit unions. I have a Chase and a Citi credit card that were also re-sorted. With one credit union, the checking account was re-sorted while the savings account was not. I see no consistency here.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use three different local credit unions. I have a Chase and a Citi credit card that were also re-sorted. With one credit union, the checking account was re-sorted while the savings account was not. I see no consistency here.
    Thanks, it was a wild shot but had to ask anyways. 
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Kmsprad said:
    every since a recent "update", my "sort" keeps reverting to "date" and newest first.
    I prefer "Date and order entered" newest at the bottom.
    Each time, i reset the sort to my preference, but when i select a different account, it gets reset back to date newest first.

:s
    Welcome to the club. I too have the same issue since the August update. There is a patch file posted in this thread that will roll the program version back. A couple of us have ran it, and it works. I will call Customer Support and see if I can get them to acknowledge the problem. 
  • cdw1
    cdw1 Member ✭✭
    I also have this problem since the August Update. Tested opening / closing file, changing sorts before and after download. As noted earlier, error is only after downloading credit card transactions. Happens with 3 different banks.
    Quicken version: Deluxe Year 2020, Version R28.10 Build 27.1.28.10

My thanks to other members who are pushing customer support to acknowledge the problem.
  • Mike Forester
    Mike Forester Member ✭✭
    > @Debra Tuggle Huser said:
    >
    > No i haven't changed my sort order - the program has done this itself. I change it back but it doesn't "stick".

This is happening to me too in R28.16. It seems to happen after updating online accounts; it affects some (but not all) accounts. It's infuriating, and definitely a recent bug. I manually set the sort order back to what I want and, boom, next time I run update, some of the accounts are scrambled again.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, there is no answer to this problem, only work arounds. Work arounds are not answers only patches because something is not working as designed. 
  • rlc256
    rlc256 Member ✭✭
    Indeed.. the issue is a bug and should be trated as such by Quicken. Instead they keep denying it is a bug.
  • sjlorenz
    sjlorenz Member ✭✭
    Since recent update, when i download for the checking account, it resorts the order if there was a new transaction. Why did this start happening and can it be stopped?
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well I called technical support on August 18th and talked to John. Of course, I was the only one to report the issue so I highly doubt it will get any attention. He figured I had a corrupt file so we ran the validation routine and found no errors. Other than that. all I got from him was a work around that I'll probably have to use for a very long time. 
  • BradC
    BradC Member ✭✭
    R28.18 seems to have fixed it
  • Oregondoug
    Oregondoug Member ✭✭
    The sort issue was still there for me in R28.18. I contacted customer support via chat. All he said was that he will report it for a fix in a future update. I rolled back to R27.42 (again).
  • jesusortiz23
    jesusortiz23 Member ✭✭
    Quicken changes my sort sequence from by "Date/Order Entered" to by Date Cleared.
    The last sort sequence was always kept before one of the last upgrades.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you are still experiencing this trouble after installing the R28.18 patch, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

You will not receive a response, for the submission, however, this information will be forwarded to our development team.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

If you are still experiencing this trouble after installing the R28.18 patch, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

You will not receive a response, for the submission, however, this information will be forwarded to our development team.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    Thanks but the patch did not work for me either. I used the Report a Problem feature, I didn't know it was there, so I'll keep that in mind if there is future issues. 
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka
    So an interesting observation with this patch. I did a direct connect today (August 25th) and had new transactions added to my checking and credit card accounts. The checking account sort was flipped but the credit card accounts were not. What was interesting about the difference is the transaction in the checking account was flagged as a new transaction, highlighted in blue, and I clicked it and marked it as Reviewed. But the transactions in the checking accounts were not flagged as new and the sort didn't change. I know the transactions in the credit card accounts were downloaded (today August 25th) and cleared because I added them (uncleared) on Saturday August 22nd and today they cleared. 
  • JoyceMB
    JoyceMB Member
    edited August 2020
    The register sort order I choose is not retained for any account. It's reset every time I open Quicken. This just started happening; I've been using Quicken forever.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Check to see if this setting is on:
    Edit -> Preference -> Register -> Remember register filters after Quicken closes
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the remember register filters after Quicken Closes preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• I'm having the same issue and I have the remember register filters after Quicken closes option checked.
  • JoyceMB
    JoyceMB Member
    The "remember register filters" box is checked and I've updated to the most recent release today. The problem still happens, but it apparently only affects registers that have newly downloaded transactions. Registers for other accounts retain their sorting options.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    JoyceMB said:
    The "remember register filters" box is checked and I've updated to the most recent release today. The problem still happens, but it apparently only affects registers that have newly downloaded transactions. Registers for other accounts retain their sorting options.
    You're correct. But what is interesting about the conditions is it would only change the sort when the newly downloaded transactions are highlighted in blue (match transaction I previous entered) in those accounts.

I have entered transactions prior to those downloading and matching what I have entered. If the downloaded transaction match the ones I added and it highlights it in blue for review, it alters the sort. But it it matches the transactions but does not highlight it in blue, then the sort is not altered. This last condition still marks it cleared (c) but doesn't change the sort. I'm not sure why it didn't mark it for review. 

I have a new update just applied, v28.XX, and I'm waiting to see if this one will correct the problem. I'm trading emails with someone from customer service/development and will inform them when I see the results. I expect it will be Wednesday Sept 2nd, since I have a lot of transactions due the first of the month. 
  • palfey
    palfey Member ✭✭
    I sort my register by cleared status with Reconciled being above Cleared above Uncleared. Every time I close Quicken and reopen, the sort order is changed to Ascending(?) or whatever is opposite of what I selected. I have to resort my registers every time I open my file.
  • For at least the last week, after I perform a one step update, my registry entries are resorted by date, with the most current entries at the top. My preference is for the sort to be "be cleared", with the most current at the bottom.

This only appears to be happening with my accounts that are Express Wen Connect.

Anyone else having this issue?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure this option is set:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Register -> Remember register filters after Quicken closes
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jmgmcg44
    jmgmcg44 Member ✭✭
    I have checked that box and the registers that have downloads from Banks such as credit cards seem to reset to sort by date only and not set by Date/Order Entered at the bottom. I have to reset all accounts that are downloaded back to Date/Order Entered from Date only. Also the scroll bar resets to the top/earliest entries of the registers each time I download transactions. I recently resized my registers with Large fonts and made entries Bold as well so I could read the screen easier. Any help would be appreciated. The downloads from Quicken are the only accounts doing this.
  • jmgmcg44
    jmgmcg44 Member ✭✭
    Quicken version 2020, Build R28.24, Build 27.1.28.24
    Sort preferences and scroll bar reset after credit card downloads. Sorting options and scroll bar position not saved.
  • jmgmcg44
    jmgmcg44 Member ✭✭
    Problem solved. You have to default to Sort by date and have the date column descending with symbol ^ in the date field header. You also must make sure the cursor is on the present date so the the scroll bar does not race back to the earliest date instead of the present date. The Sort category By Date/Order Entered is just to see if things are in the proper order you prefer. Otherwise it should be in Date order as default. Any comments would be welcome.
This discussion has been closed.