Can't get sub-category to be in business -- "stuck" in personal

I am trying to get a sub-category of business insurance to show up as one of my business expenses, under "insurance". I have 4 other types under that sub-category. But the 5th one persistently keeps showing up as "personal", for reasons that are beyond me. I have gone into the whole list of categories and tried to edit there. Several times. I indicate that it is a sub-category of my business insurance, but still it keeps showing up as a personal expense
thanks in advance for help

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you associate the sub-category with an appropriate business tax-line item.
  • Hello @pdxmaven,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to change a category and/or subcategory group from Personal to Business, you will need to go to the Tax Reporting tab in the Edit (Sub)Category window. Then, select the checkbox for Tax related category and choose a Schedule C tax line item from the dropdown menu.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.