kevinarant
kevinarant Member ✭✭
Invoice items with Buisness tools
22 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sort of reports would you be interested in?  Your request isn't sufficiently specific.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kevinarant
    kevinarant Member ✭✭
    Reports that break down revenue received from invoice items. By total and by custom dates. Similar to what we can do with the profit and loss statements. This would allow me to better understand what item is generating the most income and what item needs improvement.
  • kevinarant
    kevinarant Member ✭✭
    I have a separate program that allows me to input invoice items and other cost such as payroll and utilities. I then can determine how much of the individual, or combined invoice items ,I need to turn a profit. So you can see how valuable reports on invoice items would be. I believe this would benefit all business owners that use this program.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kevinarant

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to provide your feedback, although I apologize that the ability to create reports based on invoices items is not currently offered.

I have gone ahead and changed this post to an idea so that others may vote to see to this feature added to Quicken in the future.

Please be sure to navigate to the top of the thread and add your vote!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TimHandyman
    TimHandyman Member ✭✭
    Address book contacts can be used in invoice/payment/check paying functions, but ability to generate more reports such as by city or zip, or even adding address to customer name when reporting payments, is limited or nonexistent.
  • TimHandyman
    TimHandyman Member ✭✭
    Add ability to report by all pieces of information on the invoice - item, category, quantity, rate, amount
  • kevinarant
    kevinarant Member ✭✭
    Yes that would be great
  • dizcasper
    dizcasper Member
    Yes! Save me some spreadsheet time!
  • kevinarant
    kevinarant Member ✭✭
    Again I request reports and breakdown for invoice items. This is necessary to determine which items produce the greatest and least return. Which items need to be promoted, the percentage of overall revenue, etc.
  • willyoder
    willyoder Member ✭✭
    We need to be able to export Invoice Items to an excel spreadsheet. Also need to be able to print a report of the Invoice Items.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen occasional mention of the need for a report based on Customer or Vendor Invoice Line Items.
    "How many 3/4 in. widgets did I sell this year, and to what customers did I sell them to?"

This would be an enhancement to the Small Business portion of Quicken.
    Please consider adding such a report.

• CA-Gregory
    CA-Gregory Member

Report: Sales by Item Summary is a basic sales report to assist in how much each service or item has been sold during a given period. It should include total dollars to provide total revenue for said item or service. This is a basic concept to ascertain the best-selling product or service, as well as top purchaser.