Multiple People Needing Access from Multiple Computers

Hello,
I am a brand new user to the Quicken software. Currently, I have Quicken installed on my mac computer but there are two other individuals who need access to our accounting from different computers. Until now, the two individuals who did our accounting would meet and sync their Quicken file. Can we back up our file to the cloud and all have access to the same information? Also, I have a mac and the others have Windows.

Best Answers

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really.  Sounds like you need to use QuickBooks not Quicken.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the Quicken data file format is incompatible between Mac and Windows. You might look at Quicken on the Web.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • dwenzlick
    dwenzlick Member
    How is Quicken on the web different? Is it like Quickbooks in that we can login and manage the books through the web application?
  • dwenzlick
    dwenzlick Member
    Understood. Thank you.
  • robbie53024
    robbie53024 Member ✭✭
    > @dwenzlick said:
    > Hello,
    > I am a brand new user to the Quicken software. Currently, I have Quicken installed on my mac computer but there are two other individuals who need access to our accounting from different computers. Until now, the two individuals who did our accounting would meet and sync their Quicken file. Can we back up our file to the cloud and all have access to the same information? Also, I have a mac and the others have Windows.

I'm not a Mac user, so can't speak to that. However, my wife and I connect via Windows from separate laptops. We have Quicken installed on a desktop machine and use the Win10 Remote Desktop Connection to sign in to that machine and do our receipts and reconciliation tasks from our laptops. You cannot login to the desktop from more than one laptop at a time, so no concern with synchronization. Tried before with having just the data file on the shared desktop and connecting from the laptops with locally installed software, but this could cause corruption due to 2 machines accessing the same file at the same time (wife had habit of not closing out of Quicken when done). The RDC option lets us leave the file open on the desktop machine and when signing in from laptop is immediately available to either of us without needing to login. Very convenient. Hope this helps. Haven't seen this method discussed by anyone else.
  • jess8887
    jess8887 Member ✭✭✭
    Can you use a third party app like Syncthing (or a similar synchronization app)? The Quicken data file would be stored on the user's computer and the app would provide continuous synchronization of the Quicken files between two or more computers in real time.
This discussion has been closed.