"Use" in Online Payee List is Greyed Out [edited to include topic]

ina4301
ina4301 Member ✭✭
After today's update the USE button on the Online Payee List stopped working.

Best Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The R28.28 update restored the ability to see online payees from the old Quicken Billpay system on the Online Payee list.  On my list, the FI is now shown as "Show all Online Payees".  The payee information is there but they can no longer be used since QBP is dead.  If you are using a bank billpay system via Direct Connect, be sure your FI is set to that institution on the list. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @jrich75 said:
    > The R28.28 update restored the ability to see online payees from the old Quicken Billpay system on the Online Payee list.  On my list, the FI is now shown as "Show all Online Payees".  The payee information is there but they can no longer be used since QBP is dead.  If you are using a bank billpay system via Direct Connect, be sure your FI is set to that institution on the list. 

Thank you very much, your tip has worked!

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are really using 2016 version then nothing should be updating at all.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Whatever that may be, but I do get the Update Now button when I open my Quicken. When I press it I do get some type of the update but without any explanation as to what that was.
  • Hello @ina4301,

Thank you for reaching out here on the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

All online service features and functions for Quicken 2016 are no longer supported and have been discontinued since April 30, 2019. For more detailed information on our Discontinuation Policy and what it entails, please, refer to this support article

For your question specifically, I recommend opening and reviewing the first blue dropdown section titled What is discontinuation? What Quicken Services will be discontinued?.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, though I do hope this information serves to be useful to you.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Help>About Quicken screenshot.
  • Thank you for providing the screenshot.

I apologize for my inaccurate previous response as I was under the impression you had Quicken 2016 instead of Quicken 2020.

In that case though, could you please try Update Now again and then navigate to Tools > One Step Update Summary. Once the One Step Update Summary screen opens, it should tell you which financial institutions were updated, how many accounts, how many transactions, and a time stamps of when they were last updated. Also, at the bottom of that screen, there are 2 checkboxes (see below)-- Could you please check to see if either of those boxes is checked?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    I've just run the One Step Update. The screen shot of the summary.
  • Thank you for providing the screenshot.

Did it tell you in the summary screen which financial institutions were updated as well as additional details (how many accounts, transactions, timestamp)? If so, when does it say it was last updated successfully?

The second checkbox you have checked titled "Show this window only when there are errors" does prevent the summary screen from auto-populating after running a One Step Update if your accounts were successfully updated with no error codes. If you would like to see the summary screen after each One Step Update is run, I recommend unchecking that checkbox.

Also, when you look in your account registers, does it show any new downloaded transactions and are the accounts current and up-to-date?

Last, in regard to the USE button in your Online Payees List-- Have you been making payments using Quicken Bill Pay's service in the past or your financial institution's bill pay service using Direct Connect? 

-Quicken Anja

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Yes, it did tell me everything you've mentioned. My Quicken updates automatically all accounts and transactions every time I turn it on. I never had a single update marked as 'unsuccessful'.
    All transactions in the register are current and up-to-date.
    I have always used my bank's bill pay service through Direct Connect without any problem for the last 10 years as minimum. The Use button on the Tools-Online Payee List was working perfectly as recently as the last week. Now the button is greyed out.
    I use Quicken regularly once a week as bills accumulate.
  • Is the button greyed out for all your Online Payees or just some?

If so, I'd like you to try creating a new Online Payee to use as a dummy for testing and see if the button will still be greyed out for the new one as well.

-Quicken Anja

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    All Online Payees ( I've cropped the list of the payees) have the following buttons greyed out ( see the pic).
    Creating New Payee is also grey, not working.
    If I access Online Payee List through Online Center the same buttons are also. greyed out.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ina4301

Thank you for the response and for the additional details. Recently, Quicken Bill Pay has been discontinued, if you were previously using Quicken Bill Pay the online payees will no longer be available for use.

To confirm, do you recall creating a separate account at Quickenbillpay.com?

Also, can you please  Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide what is listed in the online bill payment section?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The R28.28 update restored the ability to see online payees from the old Quicken Billpay system on the Online Payee list.  On my list, the FI is now shown as "Show all Online Payees".  The payee information is there but they can no longer be used since QBP is dead.  If you are using a bank billpay system via Direct Connect, be sure your FI is set to that institution on the list. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I had the account at Quickenbillpay.com account.
  • ina4301
    ina4301 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @jrich75 said:
    > The R28.28 update restored the ability to see online payees from the old Quicken Billpay system on the Online Payee list.  On my list, the FI is now shown as "Show all Online Payees".  The payee information is there but they can no longer be used since QBP is dead.  If you are using a bank billpay system via Direct Connect, be sure your FI is set to that institution on the list. 

Thank you very much, your tip has worked!
This discussion has been closed.