One of my bill pay accounts made me reset my password (Q Mac)

One of my bill pay accounts made me reset my password, I have deleted the account from Payees, (SnoPUD) now trying to reset the account I can't log in. Where can I update the login information
thanks
Michael B

Comments

• Hello @Michael B,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    I will need some additional information in order to better assist you.

If you don't mind, could you please clarify the following so I can have a better understanding of what is happening-- Is the "bill pay account" that you removed from "payees" an eBill (Online Bill) that you connected to the biller website through the Bills & Income tab? If so, did you delete the bill reminder entirely or solely unlink (disconnect) its online connection?

You may also provide screenshots and/or any additional information you may have that will help us help you, thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Anja, Quicken 5.17.6, in the bills account I had Snohomish PUD, the utility changed over to a new system, so you had to set up a new account password. I went in to keychain and removed the account there,I deleted ebill for Snohomish PUD, tried to reset the account, but Quicken still says the bill failed to be paid, in the screen shot the password is correct for the account, (not shown)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael B

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have been unable to update the password for your biller.

If you have not done so already, I would start by unlinking the biller in question and relinking the biller.

This can be done by navigating to the Bills and Income tab and selecting the (...).

When linking the ebill you should be prompted to sign in and this will update the password.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Tyka, that doesn't seem to work,
    I have tried that several times. I have deleted Snohomish PUD in key chain,
    my payees, all of the places I am aware of. When I do payee new ebill, I can not sign into the account, I can on the web site its self, if I try to set up the bill manually, it says there is already an account by that name, but I can't find it

thanks Michael
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael B

Thank you for giving that a try and letting me know the results, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

Next, please navigate to Window > Payees & Rules and find the payee in question. Then double click on the payee to access the menu below.

There will be an option to update the login information, please let me know if this works to update the login.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Tyka
    there is no account showing in Payees & Rules for this account, if I try and set it up as a ebill, it times out and says try again tomorrow.

Michael
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael B

Thank you for getting back to me although I apologize that you were unable to locate the payee.

If this was an online payee at any point, it should not of been able to be removed and it is possible that the payee is just hidden.

Please navigate to Window > Payee and ensure that "Show Hidden" is check to show hidden payees.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Tyka
    You were correct, clicking on hidden shoes 2 Snohomish PUD's, clicking on hidden then trying to delete either one, results in the hidden returning on hidden. I can't delete either one.

Michael
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael B

Thank you for the response and I am glad to hear that you were able to locate the payee in question.

Next we will want to update the username and login for the payee, payees cannot be deleted from the program only hidden.

Please navigate to Window > Payees & Rules and find the payee in question. Plesae choose the payee with the green dollar sign.

Then double click on the payee to access the menu below.

Please choose "Update Login" to update the login for this payee.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Tyka,
    Did not work, I don't have the option to change the password. Think I owe you lunch some day
    Michael
  • Hello @Michael B,

Thank you for trying the steps previously provided by @Quicken_Tyka, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Since you mentioned that there are 2 payees saved-- Could you please try merging them and then link eBill? To merge the 2 payees, you will hold the Command key on your keyboard and click on each payee to highlight them. Once they're both highlighted, hold the Control key on your keyboard and left-click on one of the highlighted payees. You should then receive the option to Merge payees and be able to choose which payee name you would like to keep after they have been merged.

After merging, return to the same screen you provided in your last screenshot, then click Link eBill... and see if it will successfully link and set up.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Anja
    Your suggestion did not correct the issue, merge went fine, double clicking brought up the correct window, but again did not offer option to up date password. Clicking on "link ebill" brought no response.

Michael
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael B

Thank you for the response and for attempting those steps, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to help resolve this.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.