Personal versus business bill reminders

Using Quicken Business and Rental. Is there a way to separate personal and business bill reminders?

Comments

• jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    Or at least distinguish between the two if they appear in the same bill reminder list.
  • jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    I'm surprised one of the experts that cruise these forums daily hasn't addressed my question. In some ways, Quicken support is extremely disappointing. Since day one though, there are more things I love about Quicken than hate.

At any rate, let's get with the program "superusers", answer this question. Or should I come back in 14 days?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll bite ...
    Can you give us an example of where you run into problems with a Scheduled Reminder for personal use vs. business use?
    Do you have to make payments to the same biller, for different purposes? Would, for example, using distinct Payee Names "XYZ Insurance {Home Ins.}" vs. "XYZ Insurance {123 A Street}" solve the issue?
  • jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    @UKR

In Business Tab > Cash Flow > Business Reminders I see a blank list (no bills).
    Next, I click Add > Manual Bill and add all parameters (including From Account).
    Upon clicking Done, the Business Reminders list remains blank.
    The just created bill appears in the long list of "personal" Bill and Income Reminders.
    I am not making payments to the same biller for different purposes, that I am aware of.
    In this instance, I wish to add an internet bill with payee CenturyLink and that is the only occurrence of that payee in my dB.
    Sorry for being cranky; thanks for addressing my post.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for giving us more details.
    Is the account that this CenturyLink bill is paid from marked as a Business account? In Edit Account Details, Display Options tab, Account Intent, 2nd field set to Business instead of Personal?
  • jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    Yes the "From account" field in the bill is set to an account that has "Account intent" set as Business.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm ...

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

If it's still not showing after all the above, please contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat to function

• jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    Will do.
    If the TS101 doesn't do it, time for level 2.
    Thanks for your time @UKR!
  • jprash78
    jprash78 Member ✭✭
    Okay I figured out what I was doing wrong. The Business Reminders table is set to filter by "All - by month", which resulted in an empty list in my case, at least initially. When I changed the filter to "All - By bills and deposits" then I could see them. The parameter that triggers appearance of bill reminders in the Business Reminders table is a From account designated as Intent > Business.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that "Business" users probably have fewer responses simply because, as far as I know, the number of SUs that use the Business product are few and far between. 

This discussion has been closed.