I have 2 problems and don’t know if there are some settings I’m missing to correct them or what. The

Options
I have 2 problems and don’t know if there are some settings I’m missing to correct them or what. These issues started happening over the last few months:
1. When entering a payment to be made in the online center, upon double clicking a payee on the online payee list, it used to pre-populate a payment with the info from the last payment made to that payee. Now it just puts in the name and zeros or blanks in other fields.
2. After completing a one step update, any “match” transactions on the bottom half of screen used to be paired with the matching transaction on the top half of screen AND any “new” transactions on the bottom half of screen were paired in the top half with a suggested transaction to accept and save. Now all I can do is accept the bottom half transactions and later see that they were matched correctly or, in the case of a “new“ transaction, that a correct transaction was created in the register for that item.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ggraf

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

How long have you been experiencing these issues? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ggraf
    ggraf Member
    Options
    Thanks Tyra, I am running Quicken Deluxe 2020 R29.16, Build 27.1.28.16. These problems started several months ago. Probably early 2020. Can’t say for certain because when I first noticed it I thought it must be a setting I had to reset after an update. So I went on until I had a chance to look thoroughly for a setting and have found none.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hello @ggraf,

Thank you for the additional information, and I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) 
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ggraf
    ggraf Member
    Options
    Running the validations seemed to correct the second of my problems. The other one may have been corrected also, but it may be too soon to tell because it may need to have newly paid bills done that will next time be repeated. This did happen with one that I tried today. Other payees that I had paid prior did not repeat. So, I will monitor as I go forward. So far, thank you. I “think” the issue may be resolved.
This discussion has been closed.