Bill and Income Reminders Bug

K109
K109 Member ✭✭✭
When you go to enter in an upcoming bill that has a memorized category or split, if you select a different "account to use" other than the default one for the transaction, it erases the category and/or splits. It does not do this if you use the default account assigned to the transaction, only if you select a different "account to use" when entering in the transaction. Quicken R29.16 Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Helo @K109

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our Teams have been investigating similar issues to what you have described and have created a solution that is included with the currently staged R29.20 hotfix release.

If you have not done so already, and do not wish to wait, please install by clicking here and see if the trouble persists in this new version.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    I updated to R29.20 this morning and am still experiencing the same issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @K109

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have done some testing and I see the opposite of what you are reporting. If I do not change the payment account the memorized information is ignored.

I am also met with a message when entering a bill that states: "There is no need to use a minus sign in the amount Quicken has removed it for you automatically."

May I ask, have you ever seen this error message, also do you use any form of bill pay to make payments to the payees that are experiencing this trouble?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your help and for continuing to follow up. I have not seen the minus sign error and do not use any bill paying services. For each bill reminder, I have a default credit card that I have assigned to the payment. When I go to enter in the payment, if I try to select a different credit card for that one payment, it removes all of the categorization and/or splits. It does not do this if I leave the default card as the payment method. I tried again just now and am still encountering the same issue. Quicken version R29.20.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @K109

Thank you for the response and the additional details, I have a few more questions as I have been unable to recreate this as of yet.

When you enter these transactions and choose a different account to use, do you see the payee information filled out, or is it blank at that point?

Also, does this seem to be specific to a type of transaction, income, expense, or transfer?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Tyka,

This is happening on all of my transactions types, bills and transfers. When I go to enter the transaction, if I change the account to use, the payee and total amount remains, but all of the categorization disappears.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @K109,

Thank you for providing additional details, though I apologize that issue continues to persist and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) 
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Anja,

I had tried both of those before and just tried them again and am still having the same issue.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    K109 said:
    I updated to R29.20 this morning and am still experiencing the same issue.
    @K109 I was just reading this discussion and as you said you updated to R29.20 this morning.

However, @Quicken_Tyka gave you a specific link for a hot fix to this version, so I wasn't sure which build you are currently using.

@Quicken_Tyka will provide the specific build number you can use to check whether you have the corrected version or not.

Just checking. 
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    The link she gave me was to update to 29.20 if I hadn't already done so, which I had. I am currently using R29.22 and still having the same issues.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @K109

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I am unable to recreate this issue to be able to report this.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NordinKa
    NordinKa Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. In Bills, the reminder cannot be entered and prompts the message "there is no need to use a minus sign....." although I had re-enter the amount in the split box and removed the minus. It will change to some amount that I can't recognize.
    I had to delete the reminder and create new in order to proceed with entering the paid bill.
This discussion has been closed.